How does Patreon work? Are subscriptions mandatory?

Discussion in 'Music Theory, Lessons & Techniques' started by Hollowway, Dec 9, 2017.

1. Hollowway

Hollowway Extended Ranger

So, I want to get a couple of Davie504's slap bass tabs to improve my (nonexistant) slap bass techniques. I see that I can join his Patreon under the Bass Tabs section, and for a $3.00 pledge get:

Bass TABS
    $3.00+ per music video
    * Access to my Patreon only stream

* Mp3 download of the songs

* Bass TABS of every song I have published (starting from 2015) and will publish in the future.

So my question is, do I pay once for the $3.00, and then get the opportunity to buy a tab for each video for $3.00 or more? Or do I have to pay $3.00 per month, and then get access? I ask, because I keep seeing stuff about subscriptions, but it doesn't say anything like that on his page. Anyone familiar with how this works?

2. Winspear

Winspear Tom Winspear Vendor

It's a per-video subscription. Your donation frequency depends on video frequency. The 3rd bulletpoint makes it sound like you could subscribe and pay for just one video and have access to all tabs and then unsubscribe, yes . Not sure though!

Hollowway likes this.
  3. Hollowway

Hollowway Extended Ranger

Cool, thanks. I THINK it's just a one time fee, and then pay for each video/tab. But it's not super clear. At any rate, it doesn't look like he's tabbed the ones I want, so I probably won't pull the trigger. :/