Hoooooooooooly Crap

Discussion in 'Live Performance & Stage Sound' started by telecaster90, Aug 26, 2006.

1. telecaster90

telecaster90 Smokestack Lightning Contributor

I was checkin messages and such on my myspace account I made for my music stuff when I opened one with this in it.

"Hi there

I thought Colin Poulton might be interested in playing some shows at clubs like the Avalon in Boston, the Metro and Double Door in Chicago The Pourhouse and Johnson's Pub in Charleston and some of the best clubs in Columbia.

My name is Amber and I'm part of the team that books bands in these clubs for The Emergenza Festival. We put on shows for 5,000 bands in 150 venues across the U.S. and I'd like to invite your band to take part.

The top bands will get an all expenses paid European Showcase and the opportunity to play the Vans Warped Tour in the US as well as showcases at the South by South West in Austin, 6 weeks free professional recording + songs on nationwide/European compilations and submission of your material to our label and management partners.

You will find all of the information and enrollment form at http://www.emergenza.net/document/book/iscri.asp

E-mail me at Amber@emergenza.net or just give me a call at 1-888-923-2263 (that's toll free!)

The entire festival is produced in collaboration with some of the top names in the music industry: Ernie Ball, Crate, Ampeg, Sabian, Mapex, Remo, Sennheiser and Regal Tip. The best musicians will be awarded with $1,000,000 in prizes courtesy of these companies.

Hope to see Colin Poulton on stage soon.

AmberLee Trenton
    A_RDepartment
    mail to: amber@emergenza.net

Emergenza US Entertainment
    666 Fifth Avenue, Suite 341
    New York NY 10103 - USA
    Toll Free 1.888.923.2263"

Crap, guess I need to get a band together:lol:

Link to my myspace for music is in my sig.

2. 7slinger

7slinger wake up dead Contributor

I get things like that fairly often in my myspace inbox...mostly just form letters they send out to anybody with a music page methinks...I got the exact same one 3 days in a row one time

3. Sebastian

Sebastian Poland CEO / RHLC ©

thats interesting... hope youll get the band together..:)

4. Drew

Drew Forum MVP

Spam. I get 'em often enough too.

5. Cancer

Cancer Cancer:The Crucifuct

No the contest is "legit". Yes, you play to enter, and yes the tickets to go are expensive IMO, but its legit, and it is actually is a pretty good opportunity to perform and network for fans. Check it out.

6. Drew

Drew Forum MVP

Oh, I'mnot saying it's not legit, I'm just saying it's still spam. ;)

7. Leon

Leon {##[====:::. Contributor

Hooooooooooooooly Divah!

[/Ronnie James Dio]

oh... sorry :)

Mark. A likes this.
  8. darren

darren Decibel Guitars Forum MVP

My band played Emergenza a few years ago, and it's just a bit pay-to-play scam. Yes, all the prizes and everything are legit, but they make the bands do all the work selling tickets.

And because "audience voting" is part of the criteria in determining who advances to the next round, the bands who sell the most tickets (i.e. the bands who put the most money in Emergenza's pockets) have a better chance, not necessarily the better bands.

These organized music competitions prey on the hopes and dreams of naive bands who want to make it big. We played it just because we wanted to play a few shows in front of bigger crowds. We made it to the second round, but knew at that point that we likely wouldn't advance because we weren't interested in selling $15 tickets to our friends and family over and over and over again.

9. Leon

Leon {##[====:::. Contributor

sounds like a pretty good scam. they make money at the expense of others, and it's completely legal!

10. Drew

Drew Forum MVP

It's sort of like the Lottery, just with a direct correlation between how many tickets you buy and your liklihood of hitting the jackpot. :lol:

11. Shannon

Shannon Lord Super Awesome Contributor

12. telecaster90

telecaster90 Smokestack Lightning Contributor

Wow, that's pretty sketchy. Doesn't sound like anything I'd be interested in.

But it gave me the inspiration to start a band:yesway: I can't wait to jam with the people I got lined up.

13. Mykie

Mykie Fatal Havoc

Emergenza is one huge ass battle of the bands, my last band signed up, but then we said fuck it, its to much of a pain in our ass, besides I play the Metro and the Double Door all the time.

The Diskmakers IMWS is allot of fun.

14. Dive-Baum

Dive-Baum Bite Me Fan Boy!!

It's no different than the bands had to do in the 80's in LA. Pay to Play was the way it happened for quite a few big bands in the beginning. Out all day selling tickets, then you buy the ones you didn't sell so you could play at the venue. Then you gave those to as many sluts as possible.

15. Emperoff

Emperoff Hasta la vista, Baby Contributor

I was on a Emergenza show, and I was shocked when saw that nearly all the audience were parents, uncles, and all kind of familiy members and friends that bands brought there just to score votes.

It was a shame, seeing horrible bands that half of the songs weren't theirs winning first places...

16. Chris

Chris metalguitarist.org Forum MVP

It's spam dude, I got the same thing from my website at cq.com.

17. Drew

Drew Forum MVP

Weren't you the guy who was posting excitedly about landing your first gig with your band about a month before this?

18. eaeolian

eaeolian Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore! Super Moderator

This is precisely the reason we've never done one - they're always held at little shit-holes in D.C. where we can't get our people to go. I hate this crap - it lines the organizers' pockets and most of the bands never get anything useful out of it.

19. distressed_romeo

distressed_romeo F'king ............ Forum MVP

Doesn't sound like a bad arrangement...although I doubt it would work if you want to play prog-metal or tech-death!:lol:

20. Seedawakener

Seedawakener ouh...

My 2 favorite genres :). and nevermore of course. :metal: