Home Bodyweight workout? Advice

Discussion in 'Lifestyle, Health, Fitness & Food' started by vejichan, Sep 2, 2017.

1. vejichan

vejichan SS.org Regular

Can anyone share a good home bodyweight workout that will get me in shape ? Something I can do 3x a week? How many sets or reps?

2. CrazyDean

CrazyDean SS.org Regular

For bodyweight exclusive, I'd probably just recommend a program like P90x. Have you looked into doing that? Otherwise, look into interval training if you want overall fitness.

How old are you? Do you have any joint issues? Are you extremely overweight? These are important things to know before anyone should recommend a specific program.

3. Drew

Drew Forum MVP

He's not going to listen anyway. :lol:

Another question to consider though, is what do you mean by "in shape"? Are you looking to put on muscle mass and, say, build bigger arms? Are you looking at cutting fat and losing weight? Are you looking at getting better at a particular sport or activity - i.e., speed up your 5k time, get faster on a bike, etc? These are all different goals, and achieving them will be very different in the ways you're going to want to approach them.

AxeHappy and CrazyDean like this.
  4. CrazyDean

CrazyDean SS.org Regular

Oh, I didn't realize this was the chicken salad and water guy. I'll just put him on ignore. Thanks for the heads up!

AxeHappy, MFB and Blytheryn like this.
  5. Drew

Drew Forum MVP

Eh, maybe someone else will find it useful. :lol: