Hola from a guy who enjoys shredding and beer!

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by thebrokeguitarist, Feb 24, 2017.

1. thebrokeguitarist

thebrokeguitarist Friendly Alcoholic

Hello, everyone!

I'm a 23 year old (going on 24) pre-law student who's been playing guitar since 13. On my 13th birthday my dad sent me ~ $200 and I had to fight my mom tooth and nail to let me buy myself a guitar but goddamnit I got it!

I was in a metalcore band in high school that got decently popular on a local level. We had a 3 month residency at the Whiskey A Go Go and opened for bands like Blind Witness. I got more into prog rock and alt so the band and I parted (there was a lot more drama but tl;dr).

Fast forward and now I'm just a dude who loves heavy riffage and interesting music. I practice chromatics and stuff maybe half an hour a week. I truly wish I had more time to dedicate to guitar but I'm currently taking 18 units and working full time at a law firm.

Once I get used to the pacing of school I'd like to start a YouTube channel where I do acoustic (guitar, piano, bass, maybe some violin) covers of my favorite metal songs.

Anywho, looking forward to learning lots and being part of a great community here. Shred on, folks! :shred:

blacai likes this.
  2. Millul

Millul SS.org Regular

Nice intro, welcome!

3. blacai

blacai SS.org Regular

Welcome :wavey:

4. Dawn of the Shred

Dawn of the Shred Scooped All The Mids

Welcome to the forum!

5. sixstringsofwonder

sixstringsofwonder SS.org Regular

Jesus Christ, I was about to post my introduction thread with the same title as yours! you might be my lost brother!