Hobby Lobby Completes a Bigot Trifecta

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by ElRay, Oct 3, 2013.

1. ElRay

ElRay Mostly Harmless

As if I didn't need a 3rd reason to boycott Hobby Lobby:
    • Denies their employees coverage for valid medical care based on the owner's interpretation of christian mythology and ignorance of science
    • Contributes corporate profit to political groups that use their interpretation of christian mythology to deny equal rights to U.S. Citizens
    Now we can add condoned anti-Semitism:Just to be clear, the problem isn't that they don't carry Chanukah, Bar/Bat-mitvah, etc. supplies, but the corporately condoned anti-Semetic "We don't cater to you people." comment and censoring of their FaceBook page.

Any Americans of African descent that happen to be Muslim, Sikh, Buddhist, Hindu, etc. want to tempt Hobby Lobby to go for a home-run + one RBI? :evil:

Ray

AxeHappy and Mordacain like this.
  2. Mordacain

Mordacain 1-watt brigadier

Yea, I saw this last night on a friend's FB post (linked article). Gotta love literal biblical interpretation...

3. ElRay

ElRay Mostly Harmless

It's not even literal. It's an odd mix of:
    • cherry-picking convenient sections of the mythology, while ignoring the inconvenient parts
    • selective "the mythology must be interpreted literally" except when "it's obviously an allegory that must be interpreted exactly the way I interpret it"
    • revisionist history
    • selective interpretation of science
    to support my preconceived notions.

4. flexkill

flexkill Vodka & PentaTonic

Does John Knapp SR still own Hobby Lobby??? His son was my roommate at boarding school ... haha.

EDIT: Oooops....that was Tower Hobbies.....my bad.