Hi, I'm a wierdo from the great white north

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by bigDirt, Nov 21, 2017.

1. bigDirt

bigDirt SS.org Regular

Hey there people!

Long time reader, new poster. :)

Stefan from Canada. Been sort of playing guitar since i was 16. A few songs here and there and blues scales kinda stuff. Nothing fancy. Now I'm 39 and got switched onto progressive metal and hardcore from a buddy a year back and have never looked back! Started taking guitar much more seriously in thr last few months. Practicing the shit out of my scales and doing drills. Loving every minute of it.

Major influences; Animals as Leaders, Periphery, ERRA, The Contortionist, Bewteen the Buried and Me, Thy Art is Murder, Within the Ruins.

Love all sorts of music. Long time electronic music lover and DJ. Also make electronic music a bit as well. Incorporating percussive guitar playing into electronic music is my end goal.

Father of three boys. Lover of gear. Rider of skatebaords. Cat enthusiast.

Here's a picture of me on the first day of owning my Iron Label multiscale 8 string, while wearing my AAL shirt to look extra fan boy nerd style.

[​IMG]

And here is a pic of my guitars. Getting rid of the acoustic and 6 string and adding another Iron Label 8 when it arrives to the shop ins couple weeks. :D

[​IMG]

babbz likes this.
  2. TheKindred

TheKindred TimeTravel Innovator

Welcome! :)

for the record.... we're all weirdo folk here.

3. bostjan

bostjan MicroMetal Contributor

Any more photos of those sevens?!

Where in Canada?

Any bandcamp, youtube, etc. of your stuff?

:cheers:

4. bigDirt

bigDirt SS.org Regular

Thanks for the warm welcomes!

bostjan, i live Victoria, BC but spend most of my time working up in north, so right now Fort St John unfortunately feels more like home. Lol

And I'm at work right now, will post more picks of my guitars when I'm back. The one 7 is a RGIR27FE which is my favourite to play. I love the tone, weight and feel of the neck. So much so, I've found a used RGIR28FE in hopes i like the 8 version just as much. The other 7 is a Japanese made S series. Not too sure of the model atm.