Hi from Belgium

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by owenmakesstuff, Feb 20, 2017.

1. owenmakesstuff

owenmakesstuff SS.org Regular

Hi there peeps,

So I'm finally a member of this thing too. My name's Owen, I'm from Belgium. I'm 24 years old, work as an occupational therapy researcher at my old university college and I make a bunch of music. I'm actually a drummer, guitar player, little bit of a bass player and I work my way around my home studio to compose orchestral stuff and whatnot.

As far as guitar gear is concerned, I have the following chain I usually use to record:
    Ibanez RGIF7 => Vise Grip compressor pedal => NS-2 Noisegate => Tube Screamer => ISP Decimator => Neunaber Seraphim and various wet FX going into an ENGL Screamer 50. You might think that my tone is super djenty or something but it's really not. While I'm a big prog fan, I actually come from punk and grindcore lol.

Here's my soundcloud page if you're interested: https://soundcloud.com/owenmakesstuff

I built a homestudio when I started working my second job, so I've only just been learning the cool tricks.

Great to be a part of a community that's so passionate about, well, seven-strings.

Bye folks!
    -Owen

2. Sir Ibanez

Sir Ibanez SS.org Regular

Welcome, Owen!