Hey married folk, a question on venues

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Slayer89, Jan 29, 2011.

1. Slayer89

Slayer89 The Demon Barber

Anyone know of a way to find a venue for a wedding with a small price tag? My fiancee and I are working on a very small budget and need to find a place for a very small wedding. Now, I'm not asking for specific locations, but general ideas. Thanks for any help.

2. MaxOfMetal

MaxOfMetal Likes trem wankery. Super Moderator

Small religious houses (churches, synagogue, etc.), the smaller the better.
    High school gymnasiums and theaters.
    Community playhouses/theaters.
    Public parks.
    Private homes.

Basically anywhere other than large banquet halls, large religious venues, nicer hotels, etc.

Talk to florists and caterers, no one goes to as many weddings they do and typically, if it means them getting a bigger part of the wedding budget they'll suggest some places they know of.

3. ittoa666

ittoa666 /)'3'(\

If you have on in your area, a ruritan club is great. One of my moms friends had ceremony at one. Or you could just find some obscure spot in the middle of nowhere. Maybe a carousel.

4. Mordacain

Mordacain 1-watt brigadier

You can always try any local parks. Several around here are large enough and have gathering halls for such occassions so I assume that would be similar in other parts of the US.

You can also check with local city ordinances to see about having services on local beaches.

5. soliloquy

soliloquy SS.org Regular

my sister got married last year, so perhaps i can help
    if you are looking for a hall of any sort, halls usually are priced in few different varieties such as:

weekend or not (so fri-sat or not)
    summer or not
    winter or not
    near a special day or not (ie new years, valentines day etc...)

basically the weekends are always more expensive. my sister saw some of the halls charge almost double during the weekend
    also summers are REALLY expensive comparing to winters and falls. not sure about spring, but summers are the most expensive ones.

but schools are always a good cheap alternative. by schools i mean higschools or grade schools. their gym and cafeterias are large enough to host whomever you like.

as mentioned, churchs or any religious buildings

i'm not sure how your national parks work, but you could ask around to see how cheap they would be. but you would have to pay for chairs and all...but maybe even that would be fairly cheap...

also, apartments and condos almost always have party rooms. the more expensive the area, usually the better and more fancy the halls are. maybe you can either befriend someone living there, or talk up the land owners of the building to help you in on the room for a night.

and i think same thing goes for halls in hotels. dont get anything too fancy, but get the lower end ones. like, instead of going for holiday inn, go for 'four stars by holiday inn'. grabber the lesser of the mother brand

or just dont invite too many people and have it at your house

6. Stealthdjentstic

Stealthdjentstic Banned

7. josh pelican

josh pelican Banned

Come to Halifax and get married at the Dome.