Here is a thread where you rant about your shitty teachers/professors

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Cadavuh, Nov 23, 2010.

1. Cadavuh

Cadavuh Bounce The ....

I fucking hate my writing professor. She is a pretentious uptight hipster snob, she is a sexist, she assigns things without telling the class or putting it on the syllabus, she gave me an A- on the last paper instead of an A after telling me it had amazing arguments but that it was 1/2 a page too short and that my MLA could have been "better".

2. GuitaristOfHell

GuitaristOfHell The Optimist Prime.

My 7th grade english teacher was a bitch. You ask a question and she'd threaten to throw you out. The only reason we put up with her is because she was a drunk and couldn't remember if she gave us Hw. She'd walk in wasted and slur " Did I give you kids homework"? "no" " oh okay... what did I teach you kids yesterday?" and I SWEAR I saw a bottle of Smirnoff Vodka in her desk. :rofl:

3. scottro202

scottro202 I'm walkin' here!!!

My Lit teacher is awful. We have to have the right opinion on our material we read with her :rolleyes:

4. MFB

MFB ExBendable

My teacher's have all just been lazy.

My first semester math teacher didn't realize I kept missing class and mainly just got lucky I knew the material since I also didn't do homework, so I got an A- after missing about 6 out of 15 weeks of class.

My WWII history teacher was a fucking idiot and lost my mid-term despite the fact that I busted my ass to write AND record the tracks all while handing it in EARLY. Then I had to get another copy to him by the next class or I'd lose points for HIS fuck up; so I run to my guitar teacher's house to get another copy and when I show up for class guess what? Oh he found the original! :wallbash: Cause I had all that time to spare you prick.

5. teqnick

teqnick The Juggernaut

My English 102 professor last semester was a fucking prick. On the 3rd meeting, he assigned an our first research essay that had to be 16 pages long. We had to pick a topic out of a book that he assigned, and I chose the Iroquois theater fire.

I had trouble finding enough info for 16 pages, so I asked him a week later for some guidance, or if I could change topics.

He responded by saying I should probably drop the class if writing is difficult. I took a withdrawal and lost my financial aid. I contested it with the head of the english department, and he's now out of a job. I don't feel bad one bit..

fucker.

6. Antimatter

Antimatter SS.org Regular

My Literature teacher seems to feel the need to tell us all about how bad her life was in high school and how she had no friends and was a nerdy loser. Says the most inappropriate and unnecessary things like this, I have no idea why
    And assignments are very... capricious, I guess you could say. At any point in time during work she gives us the objective could be completely changed or the assignment just completely scrapped, even if it's a large project that you've already put your own time and materials into. It's to the point where you could make an A in the class and not do your homework a single time, because she never checks it or asks for it to be turned in :lol:

7. MikeH

MikeH Bring the gain

My Algebra professor is an absolute moron when it comes to well...DOING HER FUCKING JOB. Every single student in the class has an 80% or below because of her shitty methods. We took a placement test during college orientation, so we're obviously smart enough to be in a 5th level class out of 7 levels. She blows through material like Scarface with a plate of coke. One day we'll be working on factoring, the next we'll be working on something completely unrelated such as roots. And it doesn't help that English isn't her first language. She'll always write the wrong numbers for problems, then say things other than what she has written. I absolutely hate her class.

8. Encephalon5

Encephalon5 Six String Bass Fish

Had a business teacher who was 43 years old. Now, that same year we had a german exchange student. He had taken 6 years of english classes in germany and had a better grasp of the english language than she did. The first month of class was spent writing down the stupid stuff she said. I put far more effort into hating her than passing the class.

9. Necris

Necris Bonitis.

[​IMG]
    Today we're gonna learn about factoring...

10. josh pelican

josh pelican Banned

Recently a teacher was arrested for spanking a 12-year-old girl after commenting on how he liked the way she walked. He seems pretty cool.

WHAT IS SO SEXY ABOUT HOW A 12-YEAR-OLD WALKS?

11. jymellis

jymellis Talk To DeWalt

my sophmore year math teacher was a serious dick. wouldnt let me sleep in class or anything. i squeezed a vile of liquid L$D into his coffee ;)

12. Prydogga

Prydogga Giddyup.

My music teacher this year, out final exam, which he had WEEKS to prepare.

He turns up 20 minutes late, says he hasn't photocopied the exam. :rolleyes:

5-10 minutes later, turns up, hands us the exam and says start now. He didn't give us manuscript paper. After blankly staring at him for a few seconds, he realises this and heads off to get said manuscript paper.

10 minutes later he returns with the manuscript paper! We start the exam, and he tells us to skip about 10 questions due to time. :rolleyes:

Aural section comes along and he has to play scales on the piano for us to interpret, he can't play the scales through properly, I actually knew one of them was going to be harmonic minor because he paused on the 7th, and I knew he was just trying to find the key for it.

Pretty much sums up the whole of this year's learning... :wallbash:

13. Goatchrist

Goatchrist Jebus

I my our math/physics teacher. She never explains something herself, she always let the student's go to the blackboard(actually it's a whiteboard >.<).She takes everything personal, gets really fast angry. -.-
    I never was bad in math and physiks but in her class I lost all the motivation. She 's also very ugly. :S

14. Customisbetter

Customisbetter WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot Contributor

I can deal with shitty profs, but if a profs COMPLETELY wrong more than 2 times a class, i get pretty pissed. My current prof is wrong all the time and it drives me nuts.

15. SirMyghin

SirMyghin The Dirt Guy Contributor

I am getting a bit confused here, which of these are teachers and which are profs. A teacher is someone paid to teach, a professor is a industrialist/researcher who occasionally has to teach and does not have a teaching credential (because they are not a teacher). This general makes a very large difference in the performance/knowledge levels available. It also has a large potential influence on their attitutude towards teaching.

16. Thaeon

Thaeon SS.org Regular

I'm always amazed at how inept, unfocused, and clueless teachers, instructors and professors are. If you can't speak the native language of the student body well enough to get the message across, whatever your credentials, you should be fired. If you don't know and or can't use the information the class covers you should be fired. If you are inflexible, lazy, or can't decide what you want your students to do... You should be fired.

One of my biggest gripes about college professors is their complete lack of social skills... And the anger their loneliness leaves them with that they direct at the students. Especially when they get on a power trip. If you hate your life so much, change it or die. You picked your path, don't blame us. There are a few people in my life that have shown me this sort of behavior. Bosses, teachers, friends, etc. They all quickly learned that you can't treat people like that and get any kind desirable result.

17. JBroll

JBroll Hard-On For Freedomâ„¢ Contributor

The fact that you can say a sentence like this shows far worse things for her abilities than any complaint you can make directly against her, and there's something very wrong with a student who can't connect factorization and roots even without spoonfeeding.

Jeff

SirMyghin likes this.
  18. Konfyouzd

Konfyouzd Dread-I Master Contributor

Damn. Also, I haven't read too much of this thread, but I've noticed that no matter how shitty the teacher there's usually always a way to deal with them and get through it. It's just usually not *your* way. :shrug:

19. Cadavuh

Cadavuh Bounce The ....

This is true for a lot of students that just don't like their teacher because he/she grades harsher/more tediously then any past teachers said students have had. But, I think, there is really an objective teacher code of conduct, such as fairness and integrity in grading, that some teachers will break, in which case someone has real justification for their bitching and moaning.

20. Grand Moff Tim

Grand Moff Tim Some call me... Tim

My profs are all great this semester. My only real complaint is that one of them is married, and I'd really like to try to pick her up.