HELP! Wiring a Agile Interceptor 827 with the Blackout Moduler

Discussion in 'Pickups, Electronics & General Tech' started by Iron Beard, May 11, 2012.

1. Iron Beard

Iron Beard SS.org Regular

im trying to wire in a blackout modular preamp into my agile 8 string. the jack that came with the blackout will not fit in my guitar. can i use the stock jack? and if i do whats the down side if any. thanks.

2. asilayamazing

asilayamazing SS.org Regular

yes you just solder both black wires(output and ground together) to the one side of the mono jack, the only down side is "supposedly" it drains your battery faster but its always been every 2-3 months in my guitar. i just got a solderless set with the stereo jack im gonna see which battery lasts longer, but i have a feeling it wont be much different.:yesway:

BUT ya the is no difference between the stereo and mono in terms of sound, emg just uses stereo to stop the circuit. but it would work the same with a mono if wired correctly im pretty sure. my guitar is fine with the stock jack.

EDIT: also if you wire the mono jack backwards it will work but hum like a mofo!! so just white on one side 2 black together on the other. if hums its backwards:yesway: