Help me spend money (sort of serious)

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment' started by Andromalia, Sep 12, 2018.

1. fob

fob SS.org Regular

shhhhhhhh

Andromalia likes this.
  2. HeavyMetal4Ever

HeavyMetal4Ever SS.org Regular

Maybe invest in a quality chair if you don't have one.

Malevolent_Croatian likes this.
  3. Vyn

Vyn Not a Sparkly Vampire Contributor

Definitely acoustic treatment - Everything will sound more honest and if you catch the recording bug you already have somewhere to mix and master at your content.

I play music likes this.
  4. Edika

Edika SS.org Regular

If you're relying on the French Social Security (which for the time being is great) I'd suggest to see how things are trending in the rest of Europe and the world. If you're in your mid-late thirties that gives it another 25-30 years until retirement and a lot can change in that amount of time. Already most countries in Europe are trying to privatise parts of social care, including healthcare, and are reducing pensions. Once upon a time in the UK you got a pension depending on salary and how much you paid in contributions. Now everyone gets the same amount of chump change per week, that if you don't own a house and have savings or have never worked in your life to qualify for free housing then you're screwed.

I'm sure there are voices in France saying your country should go to that direction and you should take them seriously. So if you already have a savings plan and don't rely on the French government to take care of your future then several suggestions already given but other members are great. For mixing purposes room treatment is great, becuase I'm guessing you're recording through the Axe-III and not with a cab. If you want to use a cab maybe an iso cab would be a good to get. If you're recording with a mic maybe consider a different mic for different sounds or to pair with your existing one.

mnemonic likes this.
  5. Andromalia

Andromalia Pardon my french

I'm 45 and own 3 flats in Paris. I appreciate the concern but spending a few hundreds on gagdets I didn't think about won't change anything about my retirement. ;) It's not like I'm asking how to buy 20 PRS private stock or a 150K Avid console. ^^

DudeManBrother and cGoEcYk like this.
  6. KnightBrolaire

KnightBrolaire grossly incandescent

guitar shaped body pillow to soothe your GAS

Last edited: Sep 13, 2018 at 11:30 AM
    TedEH likes this.
  7. Edika

Edika SS.org Regular

Three flats in Paris? Spend away my good man!