Help me out here... Thursday's Israeli - Hezbollah conflict

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by David, Jul 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. David

David je t'aime Contributor

who started it? From what I'm reading... it's showing that Israel started the major attacks with the double missile launch on that one building (which was empty but had the office of a major leader)... CNN reports that hezbollah rockets, have only killed one Israeli woman, yet inside Lebanon, "45 people and two soldiers have been killed inside Lebanon since Wednesday," and "Lebanon also said 103 people were hurt by the Israeli attacks, The Associated Press reported, while the IDF said 90 people had been injured by the rockets hitting Israel."

It sounds like Israel started it, and that the "terrorism" claim is bullshit... but... I am so confused right now, that I don't want to take a side until I know what is actually going on, and how these last 2 days of conflicts came to be.

So, if someone has a quick timeline or explanation, that would be great.:yesway:

:wub:

EDIT: I found something about 2 soldiers a few days ago, and that seems to be what this is about? Didn't Israel deny a peace agreement over the release of one soldier a few days ago?

2. ajdath

ajdath Banned

hi,
    im an arab from JORDAN so i can tell you what exactly happened but before that you need to get short brief in history so you will understand what the hell is happening in the middle east.
    1945 palestine was under the occupation of the british army like other arabic countries . the allies decided to give part of palestine to the europian jews to make land there for helping them with money against nazies,to get red of them as they were the most hated people in europe specially eastern europe , and to keep them as superior military power in the middle east something like unofficial base for the west. when the british army was giving the jews the weopons and the training , any arab caught with a knife was hanged .
    few revoloutions happened but they failed. jews kept comming by ships and getting trained and many of them were militants who fought in american,british...armies. mean while arabic countries where still under british/french ocupation so you can expect what armies and weopon they got .since then 5 wars happened between israel ( occupied palestine ) and arabic countries most of them won by israel for the superior air force and unlimited american support in the UN or in the field. now what this got to do with lebanon? israelies are jews and they believe in some kind of wiered jewsih mythologies mixed with jewdisim with other stuff , so they believe that the land that was giving to them by god was from iraq to eqypt!! thats what means the 2 blue lines in thier flag.in 1982 they ocupied south lebanon hizbulla was formed fought and in 2000 they forced israel to withdraw.israel felt so humilated and for 12 years were planing to clean the south from hizbulla , in the other side hizbulla still wants the lebanese prisoners israel is keeping hundreds there ( we still didnt mention the palestinins who are getting killed and kicked out of thier home land and how this effects people in the arabic /muslim world) in the name of terrorism every one fights back is called terrorist!! bush slaped all the UN resolotions that said that israel is occuping arabic countries doing mass murdering killing with no trials and every shitty thing you can imagine . it looked like calm but hizbulla still got small land occupied by israel since 30 years and prisoners since 25 years some of them.plus the bombing in gaza that cleaned complete familly with kids from the shores in hollyday so they kidnaped 2 soldiers and killed 8, israel didnt kill or fire back at hizbulla they bombed electrical generators killed civilians burned bridges and still no 1 fighter from hizbulla. tell today every battle hizbulla destroys from 3-5 tanks killes 3-10 special forces and israel fires back at civilians because they can tell the people that we are losing they wanna show them some killing and blood so the israelies will calm down. blood thirst. america ofcourse when the whole world said that israel made war crime by bombing house with its shelter that had 60 ppl and killed 37 children i saw the vedio america said its israel right to defend it self!!! now you know why arabs wanna eat bush and his goverment alive?not the american people. so in few words we are in 21 century but israel is doing to lebanes and palestinians exsactly what jews got from hitler maybe more and its worst cos its the longest worst occupation in the new history its since 1945!! so when you atch fox news and cnn and hear about terrorists and good israel defending it self remember what i wrote you. sorry for the long answer i just had to explain its soo complicated issue . by the way metal rulz :hbang:

3. Drew

Drew Forum MVP

:scratch: I thought this'd been locked...

Against my better interests I'm going to leave this open, as I'm guessing one of the mods opened it, but I'll say straight out that anyone who gets out of line is looking at a suspension as this is a VERY touchy subject right now. Zero tolerance.

ajdath, while I'm not questioning most of what you say, arguing that the Israelis are doing exactly what Hitler did to them to the Lebanese is a little strong, don't you think? There's a differnce between a rocket attack a day and herding all of Lebanon into death factories and gassing them...

Anyway, keep this one civil. :squint:

4. Scott

Scott Aye. Contributor

Actually this one was never locked. People just did what they should have been doing all along...

...Ignoring David :lol:

5. ajdath

ajdath Banned

no man its not strong, death is death by gas by fire by bombed house on the heads of children in the end its orginized death by system that called it self democratic!!. by the way the min im writing this quote, on the news not fox news ofcourse hizbulla in trap killed 15 special forces from israel in a battle and bombed 3 tanks . now israeli channel asked civilians from place called LITANII ( no not vaders album hehe ) to leave thier houses, by the way last time they forced ppl to leave houses and fled the hellicopters shot the fledding cars and killed women and children.maybe for some guys in the states its sooo shocking to hear sucha news because all the times in the media there hailing israel and showing how ugly people arabs there but in europe they got better focus on the actions here . so i wanted to say they believe and im not kidding or bullshitting its in thier books of the zionests. that god ( alloha ) created jews as his people nation of god , and the monkeys and pigs were turned to human to serve the jews , go read thier books if you dont believe me, then you will know why its easy to bombs house with 35 children the youngest is 8 months and the oldest is 13 years

6. Drew

Drew Forum MVP

ajdath, there's a slight but profound difference between systematic genocide and waging warfare that doesn't get too worked up between the difference between a civilian and a military target.

I've personally got some huge reservations about what Israel is doing here and about how the States are backing them up, and I think the fact the UN hasn't intervened, imposed santcions, or officially condemned them as of yet is borderline disgraceful, but at the same time I'm not going to tolerate extremism on any side here, ok? I'm about as anti-Israeli-nation as anyone on this board, so I'm not coming down on you because I disagree with you - I'm coming down on you because what you're saying is essentially flamebait with no other purpose than to piss off pro-Israeli supporters. Consider it a warning.

7. ajdath

ajdath Banned

hi for any one specially from the states wanna know the hidden side of whats going on specially in the american media check the vedio there made by israelies them selfs and americans some of them jewish americans

EDIT - link deleted.

8. Drew

Drew Forum MVP

Dude, I'm at work so I didn't watch, but I think it's a pretty safe bet that it's a video to civilians getting gunned down. I don't deny it's happening - even the american media is reporting death counts, and the majority of the 500 or so Lebanese dead have been civilians (as opposed to 17 of the israeli dead, as of Sunday) - but at the same time a guitar forum is NO place to post a video of civilians being brutally murdered. Seriously - I'm not suspending you because it could have been more innocent than I think it most likely is, but don't post that shit, no matter which side is doing it.

9. ajdath

ajdath Banned

got that, but as far as i remember it has no shooting just people giving statments and reports something like bowling for colombine if you got what i mean, incase there was death scenes of bloody pics i apologize for posting it. even most of guys here are metal dudes used to sucha themes , and i posted this link because its political forum inside sevenstring right? or why would i write what i just wrote if the subject was 7 strings guitars ?? if you can watch it later and then decide if its forbidden or allowed to post it here

10. Drew

Drew Forum MVP

:lol: I don't think a taste for metal means people like watching murder, exactly. Send me a PM with the link to the video, and I'll watch it either on my lunch break or at home tonight and if it contains nothing graphically offensive I'll edit it back in.

11. Drew

Drew Forum MVP

UPDATE - I can't speak for the video since it never loaded, but the pictures of dead children that DID load were more than enough for me.

Ajdath, post anything like that again and you're gone for good. For now, take a three-day breather, and think before you post when you come back.

12. maskofduality

maskofduality Brandeis Sophomore

well to answer david if he hasn't been answered already, the basic gist is this. The Israelis are tired of having to share a border with Hezbollah and would rather share it with the Lebanese Army so they're bombarding the Hezbollan hideouts until Hezbollah leaves and the Lebanese takes over.

However, my info on the thing is a little out of date as I haven't been following it for a couple of days. I know the UN eventually got involved and it wasn't pretty (for the UN anyway).

13. Mastodon

Mastodon Songs about My Cats

Wow, that sure didn't take long.

I'm not getting the jist of it either.

We need Noodles in here to perform one of his awesome summarizations.

14. Metal Ken

Metal Ken Hates the Air Contributor

They're kinda bombing the hell out of the whole country, dude lol

15. maskofduality

maskofduality Brandeis Sophomore

i did say my info was a little out of date :p

16. Samer

Samer Dybbuk

Its cool to see another arabic person here, whats up dude \m/

i think every one knows where i stand on this topic, i have nothing against Jewish people, or any civilian living in Isreal,

i just think everything the country stands for is wrong.

17. bostjan

bostjan MicroMetal Contributor

Man, I hate that civilians are being ruthlessly slaughtered in the crossfire. I feel bad for everyone. I'm not talking just on one side of the border, but I think we know where the most civilian casualties are. These factions driving this war are all acting very selfish. It upsets me a great deal.

18. David

ajdath - exactly the thoughts that were in my mind. Thank you for confirming my thoughts. I have no idea why you are banned, but sometimes, you aren't allowed to speak the truth on online forums because it's one-sided. Freedom of Speech doesn't keep flames down, and I wouldn't be surprised if I get told to stop being a dick in this post...:wub:

19. bostjan

bostjan MicroMetal Contributor

I missed it, but looks to be something about dead babies on video or something. :( Some aspects of the truth are best left said but unseen. But like I said, I didn't see it myself.

back on topic - anyone explained why the UN outpost was bombed yet? Seemed a little odd to me, but I have only heard what they said about it on CNN.

20. David

I have no idea. I've been in a heavily sedated state this last week and I don't think I even came on the forums at all. I should catch up with what's been happening.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.