Help me get a friend a new rig!

Discussion in 'Bass Guitar Discussion' started by jordanscotisdead, Jun 15, 2012.

1. jordanscotisdead

jordanscotisdead Outlier

Alright, so I am a guitar player but one of my long-time friends is starting to want to get back into bass after being dormant for the two years I've been playing guitar and seeing where I've gotten.
    He's in need of a 5 string and a decent practice amp to jam with my L6 Spider II 120w.
    He's got a spending range of $400-600 but would like to keep it on the cheaper side, what would you guys suggest?

2. iron blast

iron blast Northern Winds

You are going to want an amp that is around 300 solidstate watts to keep up with that amp. Used gear is most likely going to be your best option check out pawn shops Ebay, Craigslist, and guitar centers used section they usually all have nice rigs around the $300 range and a good 5-string can be had around $250. What genre are you planning on playing primarily?

3. jordanscotisdead

jordanscotisdead Outlier

We were gonna start off with some jazz and simple metal/rock. Though we are hoping to get into Scale the Summit/This Will Destroy You stuff eventually.

4. Powermetalbass

Powermetalbass Powermetalbassist

Pawnshops and Online forum classified are your friend. Also check Kijiji or Craigslist.

5. cGoEcYk

cGoEcYk SS.org Regular

6. jordanscotisdead

jordanscotisdead Outlier