Hello from the land of Koskenkorva and snow,Finland!

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by MrLinssi, Oct 2, 2016.

1. MrLinssi

MrLinssi I make sounds, I corrupt sounds, I love sounds.

Hello there! Been a lurker a while, actually made an account a few months back and forgot about it...oh well.

I'm a hobby musician from Finland! Been playing the guitar for eight years or so... Music has been a part of my life from the very early days, I started learning piano when I was...perhaps nine years old? Can't remember exactly. :D Anyways, when I was thirteen I picked up the guitar and fell in love with metal music, which caused me to abandon the piano...I still regret that decision. So, I played in a band, demolished my social life in order to become a better player, despised everything that didn't have distortion, the usual stuff. When I got a little older I started writing songs that were not as metal as before, probably because of Devin Townsend. I recently took an interest into game and movie soundtracks (Hans Zimmer, duh) and currently I'm trying to hone my production and midi-orchestration skills, which is an never ending struggle...heh. Nice to meet ya! :wavey:

Chiba666, Explorer and M3CHK1LLA like this.
  2. Dawn of the Shred

Dawn of the Shred Blackest Of The Blackest

Welcome to the forum

3. M3CHK1LLA

M3CHK1LLA angel sword guardian

welcome to sso...aka the money pit

4. Explorer

Explorer He seldomly knows...

Formerly from Cucaramacatacatirimilcote...
    Hei!

Soundtrack work is the new center of classical composition technique.

Fnland, huh? Since I'm in the US and don't have the option of easily checking out a kantele, I recently converted an autoharp to an 18-string kantele as a proof of concept. It was an easier route than spending a few thousand on an instrument where things might not gel. *laugh*

Welcome!

5. Fraz666

Fraz666 SS.org Regular

terve!