Hello from Germany

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by KOEMIG, Apr 24, 2018.

1. KOEMIG

KOEMIG SS.org Regular

Hi guys,
    i sold all my other guitars to start building my own guitars! :D Several month ago i built my first guitar (7 string, fanned fret, headless, also wound the pickups myself - they sound like crap^^ and constructed the bridge myself). Shortly after i started an internship for 4 month at a luthier. I am currently in love with the band Gorod (glorious tech-death) and Archspire. I also like the album Barton's Odyssey from Atlantis Chronicles. So far i really like playing 7 strings. I also tried out 8 string guitar, but damn, i think my hands are too small for them :D

AliceLG, Albake21 and M3CHK1LLA like this.
  2. Albake21

Albake21 "Just get a used Ibanez Prestige."

Welcome! It's my dream to build my own guitars and eventually when I can, I will. You should definitely post some of your work! We have quite the builders on here.

KOEMIG likes this.
  3. KOEMIG

KOEMIG SS.org Regular

I'm somewhat shy about my work (proud nonetheless) since it doesn't look all that professional (the bridge especially). Maybe i will though. I'm also currently working on my bachelor thesis that also is about electric guitars. When i am done around july/august i'll probably have built a much more professionel looking instrument that i can post pictures of :D

4. KOEMIG

KOEMIG SS.org Regular

@Albake21 Also how does the neck of your Schecter KM7-MKII compare to that of your Ibanez RG752?

5. M3CHK1LLA

M3CHK1LLA angel sword guardian

welcome to sso

6. Albake21

Albake21 "Just get a used Ibanez Prestige."

Totally understandable, either way, hopefully you will share some of your work in the future!

Good question about the neck. As someone who is very picky about necks, I'll try my best to explain them. So first things first, the KM7 is a super thin neck with no shoulders at all. Basically a c shape, very round but super thin. By far the thinnest neck I've ever played on a 7 string. The RG752 on the other hand is pretty much the opposite. It's till thin, but not as thin as the KM7. It is 1mm thicker but not only that, the shape is pretty different. Take the KM7, add 1mm and add some shoulder to it and that's the RG752. It basically just fills out the hand more while still being thin. I swore up and down that the KM7 was the perfect neck for me until I tried the Ibanez. Now I honestly can't go back to the KM7. It just feels to thin to me. As someone who always hated shoulders on guitar neck, I enjoy my RG752 neck way more. Hopefully that helps!

KOEMIG likes this.
  7. KOEMIG

KOEMIG SS.org Regular

@Albake21 Thanks for your in depth explanation. Sounds like the Ibanez is more for me then. I need a bit more meat on the neck for my thumb to grip on.
    @M3CHK1LLA thank you and hello! Love the Xipos guitars btw!

Albake21 likes this.