Hello All - witty introduction goes here

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by scratchNdentPrestige, Nov 12, 2018.

1. scratchNdentPrestige

scratchNdentPrestige SS.org Regular

Hi All,

My name is Dave, I am 50 and have been playing guitar and bass since I was 16. I was in a decent metal cover band in my late teens/ early 20's that was made worse by my subpar lead playing. We covered Metallica, Megadeth, Slayer, Metal Church, Iron Maiden, Motorhead, Accept, Judas Priest, Black Sabbath, etc.

The last 4 yrs or so I have been playing in a classic rock-ish type band (which somehow plays about 10 Ramones covers), and having a lot of fun.

In the years between I have played bass and rhythm guitar in a few other bands that were some sort of rock or metal. I find I really enjoy playing bass live with a band.

Like lots of people I still listen to stuff from my youth (see the above mentioned bands), but lately have been into stuff that utilizes various degrees of lower tuning - Ghost, Arch Enemy, The Agonist, Carcass, etc. Because of this I have a couple of 6 strings dedicated to C standard, and one for D standard. I also have a Schecter KM-7 FR-S which I bought on a whim during a Stupid Deal sale that I actually ended up real liking.

Anyways, I have lurked here a bit - and decided to say hello.

Edika likes this.
  2. The906

The906 Hella rad Contributor

Hi Dave, I bought that same Stupid Deal and also love playing that thing. All of my carbon fiber is good to go too. Gonna keep the Nazgul?

Welcome.

3. scratchNdentPrestige

scratchNdentPrestige SS.org Regular

I really like the Nazgul, it was one of the selling points of this thing for me. I had a Jackson 8 string for a month or so before I returned it, couldn't handle the 8 strings - but loved the Nazgul/Sentient set it had. I have a couple of inexpensive 6 strings I have retrofitted with Nazguls (Nazguli ?).

Is there a issue with the carbon fiber binding on these guitars? Haven't had any issues yet on mine.