Headphones for Working Out

Discussion in 'Lifestyle, Health, Fitness & Food' started by vilk, Sep 22, 2014.

1. vilk

vilk Very Regular

None of my headphones are any good for working out. Most of the ones I own are over-ear and big and make your ears very hot. My only earbuds are the newer silicon type and when the cords hit your chest from running/moving/etc you can hear noises through them (which bothers the crap out of me). Also each time you take a step you kind of hear some shift in pitch and volume. I don't exactly understand why but I think maybe some of you guys know what I'm talking about.

What are some good kinds of headphones to use when working out? It doesn't have to be anything insane for sound quality (but it'd be cool if they did sound pretty good), but I'm thinking more importantly that these things are not hot or uncomfortable on year ears but also don't get in the way of working out and don't make weird noises when you move around.

Thanks^^

asher likes this.
  2. Chickenhawk

Chickenhawk A Bad Idea Contributor

I just bought a pair of these:
    Focus

[​IMG]

Took a few minutes to get used to them, but now I love them. Sound good enough for my workout music (Mastodon, Down, Crowbar, etc). They don't fall out when I run or lift and get sweaty. I dig 'em.

We bought the pair as a two pack from Sams Club, with these also: Inspire Talk

[​IMG]

They have a button that can control your iPod or music on your phone. One click pauses, two skips a track, and three backs up a track. It also has a mic so you can answer your phone by clicking the button and talk with them on. Good feature for my wife who seems to be on call 24/7.

My wife snagged that pair from the box, and loves them for her stupid long sessions on the elliptical (she's averaging 110-140 minutes a day...:crazy: .

3. Skyblue

Skyblue SS.org Regular

I actually use the simple iPod earphones. Never had them fall out while running, and while the quality obviously is kinda sucky, it works for workouts, for me anyway...

4. katsumura78

katsumura78 SS.org Regular

The new Bose freestyle is what I'm using. Super comfortable and will not fall out. I've been on the hunt for the best workout earbuds for years, so far these are perfect. I've tried multiple pairs from yurbuds, Adidas, skull candy, Sony and Jay Bird. Someone mentioned the EarPods from Apple and I would also recommend those if you're on a budget.