He-Man Woman Hater's Club (College Football 2010 - 2011)

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by TXDeathMetal, Sep 18, 2010.

1. aslsmm

aslsmm Banned

ha, you know i was actually thinking right when that call was made, "this willl shift the momentum of the game." and it totally did. plus barner really should have cut to the out side. oregons offense made several mistakes that killed them. their defense shut down cam newton. of wich i am very proud.

2. Randy

Randy Ooh, Degrasse Tyson-son Super Moderator

I saw enough sacks to fornicate for the next week. That win was still garbage. Fuck the SEC. The PAC-10 would've practically shut them out on defense if it wasn't for sketchy calls from the refs.

3. TXDeathMetal

TXDeathMetal Lemme smang it girl! Contributor

That's definitely quite an accomplishment to take away from this game, granted the championship trophy would have been a billion times better.

4. TXDeathMetal

Here's to hoping a investigation is launched and it is found that Newton's father paid the refs to call the game in Auburn's favor so we can have a rematch (crosses fingers)

5. Randy

I've got $180,000 cause my kids have good genes and I have no morals. Who wants to party?

6. Customisbetter

Customisbetter WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot Contributor

I didn't even watch the fourth quarter. And to be honest, i don't remember any of the post in this thread. :(

I Will personally punch Thomas in the nads if i ever see him.

7. Customisbetter

Customisbetter WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot Contributor

Even if there there was irrefutable evidence of this, there would be no rematch. Would be epic though.

8. mattofvengeance

mattofvengeance Team Ibanez

Could we change the thread title to the He Man Sobbing club? Get a grip, dudes. The better team won the game, you can't blame officiating, and for the final time, SEC > Pac 10. Now looking forward to the best time of year, March Madness.

9. gunshow86de

gunshow86de Beef Jerky Time Contributor

I've been on vacation the last few days, but I would just like to add;

and also;

[​IMG]

10. Randy

The SEC's the best conference in the country. There's no reason to even debate that anymore. I didn't think the quality of the play calling and execution weren't that much better on Auburn's side, if at all. That said, a wins a win. Good for them.

Brady Hoke at Michigan? Eh. We'll see.

11. TXDeathMetal

12. Randy

Fuck OU. And I'm sorry but Alabama loses way too many high power offensive players to be credited as much as they're being.

13. TXDeathMetal

Yeah, I'm currently reading through all this b.s, but remember back at the beginning of this season when Alabama was at the top and by seasons end look where they were at, however I do agree with some of what I've read so far regarding other teams they've mentioned.

14. gunshow86de

Yeah, their candidates sure took a nosedive. The went from the "hottest" coach in the FBS (not named Kelly or Chizik), to the "Mad-hatter," to San Diego State's coach? Things are not looking good in the Big House.:lol:

15. gunshow86de

Yup, the SEC's dominance could be coming to an end. Like you said, Alabama lost way too much offensive firepower. And LSU will never win a championship with Jordan Jefferson under center; he's their Tyrelle Pryor. :lol:

However, at this point, you could win the SEC with 2 losses and the media would still want to hand you the BCS championship.

This could conceivably be Boise's best shot at getting to the BCS championship. A lot of the traditional powers are going to be rebuilding this next season.

I don't think the defensive losses are a huge concern for Oregon. Darron Thomas having another full off-season to master their offense could make them unstoppable. I think losing Jeff Maehl will hurt more than anything.

16. aslsmm

aslsmm Banned

i miss maehl already. he was my bff in my dreams.

17. TXDeathMetal

Ok so based upon that article I'm going to agree with what was said about Oregon, LSU, Boise State, Oklahoma State, Arkansas, Texas A&M and will definitely be keeping my eye on them, as for the others I'm not too sure on at this moment but one thing is certain and that is....

18. aslsmm

aslsmm Banned

i really dont know how they get having OU at #1. they are in a dwindeling conference. what ever. i already cant wait for 2011 ncaa football.

19. TXDeathMetal

Oh dude me too, but as far as Oregon goes is that the game they have scheduled against LSU this coming season has me concerned as it's definitely going to be a test for them and I'm betting that the media will be ready and waiting to beat them to death if they lose just like they've done to TCU and Boise State.

20. Randy

I think LSU will still have most of the tools they need to stay a zero - two loss team. Mississippi State might be the dark horse this year.

The SEC at large is experiencing the same thing Nick Saban and Urban Meyer already know... When you're so dominant in both recruiting and results, you get three things; skilled players, student athletes aware of their abilities and teams looking to hire them. Barring the huge NFL blow-up (which still may happen), we're about two years into a trend of every junior or senior SEC starter going into the draft. This year, Auburn was able to catch the usual powerhouses in the conference (Florida, Georgia, Alabama, LSU) with their pants down. Unless some of the greenhorns grow up over summer break, the conference won't be so lucky. The only downside of having a conference with so much talent.

Agreed on Boise St.