He-Man Woman Hater's Club (College Football 2010 - 2011)

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by TXDeathMetal, Sep 18, 2010.

1. TXDeathMetal

TXDeathMetal Lemme smang it girl! Contributor

I haven't seen any threads made yet about college football, who's a fan, who's your team?, what do you think of the current rankings?... discuss.

Me originally being from Texas is that it should come as no surprise that I'm a Texas fan but I also really like Texas Tech as well, as far as the current rankings go is that I don't understand why some teams are ranked up so high or even made the top 25 but I guess that's all subject to opinion.

2. Chickenhawk

Chickenhawk A Bad Idea Contributor

[​IMG]

[/thread]

3. Customisbetter

Customisbetter WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot Contributor

4. mmr007

mmr007 SS.org Regular

despite the fact I live in Alabama....fuck the Tide

[​IMG]

USC TROJANS!!!!!!!!

5. aslsmm

aslsmm Banned

go ducks!!!

6. Chickenhawk

So, I haven't seen any posts yet. My firewall filters out bullshit, so I'm guessing all you guys said something like "USC" .

7. Customisbetter

Customisbetter WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot Contributor

^ :lol:

USC doesn't indeed kick ass though.

8. TXDeathMetal

I had to work tonight and just got done watching the Texas Tech vs. Texas game and I must say that I now officially hate Taylor Potts (Texas Tech quarterback) for being a complete and utter vagina, I hope him and Tom Brady both die in a fire together.

Moving on.... out of all of college football who do you guys think can knock off Alabama?... my vote goes to TCU.

9. aslsmm

aslsmm Banned

im not sure tcu can pull it off. if katz hadn't over thrown 3 td passes to james rodgers os would have won that game. and i hate the beavers.

10. AvantGuardian

AvantGuardian Orange Vigilante

UW Husky fan here. We got manhandled by Nebraska yesterday. Jake Locker had better step it up and get us to a bowl this year if he wants to be a top draft pick.

11. Chickenhawk

Don't be to down on yourself, Avant. Nebraska has a fucking beast of a team this year.

So does Texas, and Alabama. Like always. :lol:

I'm more interested to see what Gilbert can do this season. He kept Texas in the fight after McCoy pussed out against Alabama last year, and he had played only a handful of games before that. But, Colt McCoy's little brother, Case, is the second string QB. I wonder what the coach is going to do about that. I REALLY REALLY hope he keeps Gilbert in, and lets him shine as opposed to going with McCoy, who might not be as good as his brother.

12. TXDeathMetal

And I don't know why Texas Tech has chosen Taylor Potts as their starting QB again this year because in my opinion he sucks. He's afraid to take a hit or run, perfect example is the game last night against Texas when he bitched out because of his hand, I say suck it up, remove the cameltoe from your vag and play the game. In my opinion backup QB Steve Sheffield is a 1000x better of a QB than Potts is, the dude comes out and is fired up and ready to play and isn't afraid to do what it takes to put points on the board and that's what I like to see.

13. aslsmm

aslsmm Banned

how do you like your new head coach pete caroll and your new DE nick reed from the 08 ducks squad. i actually decided to watch some nfl this year because caroll was taking charge up in seattle:yesway:

btw do you know why the rivalry between uw fans and uo fans started? ive always wondered that.

14. gunshow86de

gunshow86de Beef Jerky Time Contributor

Last night's UH game was a disaster. We lose our Heisman contender/NCAA passing leader for the season (torn ACL), then we lose his quality backup for the season (broken collarbone), and then we have to burn our 5-star recruit freshman QB's redshirt (for a game that was already out of contention). Playing in C-USA means we had to win out to have any hope of showing up in BCS-buster discussions. Well, it was fun while it lasted. In one game we went from the highest scoring team in the country (61/game), to 9th (45/game).:noplease:

15. AvantGuardian

AvantGuardian Orange Vigilante

Nick Reed got cut! :wallbash: He was an exciting undersized pass rusher but it looks like Pete wanted to go for bigger guys in that role. Bummer, because Reed made a few big plays last year.

I'm skeptical but excited about Pete. I like how he's not afraid to shuffle the roster around, but its looking like it might be one of those "rebuilding" seasons. I think we need to give Pete a couple of years to turn this program around. Still, the division is so terrible that I think the Hawks could go 8-8 and be playoff bound.

I don't know how the UW/OU rivalry started, but its INTENSE. I went to UW during pretty much the worst years of our college football program ever (2005-2008) but people still got fired up for the Oregon games despite the fact that we didn't have a chance in hell to win them. I think the rivalry with OU has heated up lately because our traditional rival, WSU, has become a total joke lately. Its not really that fun to make fun of the Cougs anymore.

16. xXxPriestessxXx

xXxPriestessxXx One Among the Fence Contributor

University of Alabama student and future alum so I am sure you can guess who my team is, and the current season is looking really good for us.

17. aslsmm

aslsmm Banned

that sucks. i got a sighned #15 oregon jersey buy him. one of my friends played football with him at mission viejo CA high school. wonder if he's done in the nfl or going to find another team to be on. btw i have more fun picking on people in wheel chairs than i do ragging on the cougars. they should change their mascot to a 40 year old female. then the "cougars" would make sense. well i look for ward to hating your team on november 6th.

18. Randy

Randy Ooh, Degrasse Tyson-son Super Moderator

I'm with Priestess on the Tide, but I'm also watching Oregon, Boise State and The Bucks closely this season.

19. Chickenhawk

What's that have anything to do with it? I go to Missouri Western, but I think the Griffons fucking suck...plus, my teams been UT for a looooooong time.

20. mmr007

mmr007 SS.org Regular

I don't get it....she's not comparing herself to you or your reasons for liking a team...she's just informing us that she attends and roots for the team that has been #1 in the country the last two years

Randy likes this.