HD500X help??

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment' started by Dawn of the Shred, Apr 16, 2019 at 6:32 PM.

1. Dawn of the Shred

Dawn of the Shred Sweeps and Chuggs

So I’m running a HD500X with a Headrush frfr 112. Love it but you can spend hours dialing in sounds. I don’t have the ability to download any of the patches and upgrades (laptop broke)

I was wondering if anyone could give me some good highgain settings and clean?

Need a good tight highgain sound for Thrashy, Deathcore, sound. And good highgain lead sound with delay, reverb.

I know it’s a lot of trouble and a hassle but I would appreciate any help you guys can give.

Thank you guys!!

2. vick1000

vick1000 SS.org Regular

Start with a blank patch, and build a rig from scratch just like you would in real life.

3. GunpointMetal

GunpointMetal SS.org Regular

When I had the 500X I would pretty much set-up how I normally would guitar->gate->boost->gate->amp->cab-EQ w/ high/low pass-> ambient FX. Depending on the amp/cab that EQ with the low-pass was the most important part. Giving you exact gain/EQ settings wouldn't be helpful since you're using a different guitar and amplification than I was. The other thing to remember with modelers of any type is just because you CAN tweak something, doesn't mean you NEED to tweak something. It's really easy to get to a good sound and then spend hours trying to get it "better" for no real reason.

Dawn of the Shred likes this.
  4. Metropolis

Metropolis SS.org Regular

I always used a hard gate and pre-eq before amp for cutting low end little bit off, just to get rid of mud. Sometimes even studio compressor or red compressor with moderate settings to get exra juice. Learning how deep edit settings in amp and cab sections work are somewhat important too. Some users have huge amount of pre or post eq and what not, but it's really not needed. Global eq is really handy though.

And I suggest you to read this if you're new to using Pod HD.
    http://foobazaar.com/podhd/toneGuide/

5. pastanator

pastanator SS.org Regular

heres what ive been using as my main rhythm tone for the last little bit on my hd300. using a js22-7 with blackouts so depending on guitar you might have to play with eq. as far as clean i feel like the stock settings on the blackface double normal are fine with just whatever reverb/delay/whatever you need

Attached Files:

6. Dawn of the Shred

Dawn of the Shred Sweeps and Chuggs

Yeah I haven’t figured out how to do a lot of the bass cuts / frequency cuts that I hear about.