Harley Benton G212 Vintage

Discussion in 'Gear Reviews' started by x666charlie666x, Jul 14, 2011.

1. x666charlie666x

x666charlie666x SS.org Regular

My gear - Schecter C7 (emg 707s), MXR smartgate, Boss ge7, Bugera 6260, Harley Benton g212 vintage

Ease of Use - Well its a guitar cabinet, simple plug in to your head/combo/whatever else and its ready to go,

Features - it has two celestian vintage 30s 60 watt speakers, these are wired up for 8ohms mono or 16ohms stereo, so for people who don't know, when on 16ohm stereo, the speakers are split and become independent, this means that two amp heads/combo/whatever else can be plugged in at the same time, this is ideal if you and a fellow guitarist want to practice/write some stuff and have to keep the volume down. The cabinet is made from 16mm plywood.

Reliability - i have had no problems ( i only got it a few days ago) but to reassure anyone who has doubts over the unknown Harley Benton name then thomann (the only stockist that i know of) offer a 3 year warranty, but looking at the cabinet, that probably won't be needed.

Value - i bought this cabinet for £169 ($272), this is amazing value for money considering i'm getting two celestian v30s (which cost £84 each, £168 for two) so i'm technically getting a very well built cabinet for free.

Expressiveness/Sounds - comparing this to multiple Marshall cabs and Laney cab's and i can safely say that this thing can hold its ground against anything (other than boutique cabinets), it has a great low end, the speakers are very warm and ideal for the style of music that i play (deathcore, djent, general metal), the highs are amazing, very smooth.

Overall Rating is 5/5, this cabinet looks classy, sounds amazing, and is the best 2x12 cabinet under £400 (in my personal opinion), even if your in America its worth it.

here is a link to a video where some guys review the cabinet thoroughly

2. warforgeqt

warforgeqt SS.org Regular

i hope u r right !
    ordering this cab,this week
    just got a bugera6262 too ,sitting in my room impatiently :)