Halo : Reach Thread

Discussion in 'Computers, Electronics, IT & Gaming' started by vampiregenocide, Jan 17, 2010.

1. philkilla

philkilla Jesus Saves Contributor

I got it ONCE on blood gulch before they took the scorpion out. I forgot the stats but they were retarded. I'm sure the other team hated me.

2. vampiregenocide

vampiregenocide A Chap Called Ross

3. MFB

MFB ExBendable

Well, I guess that's TWO map packs I've gone totally unaware of :lol:

4. HighGain510

HighGain510 Contributor

This reminds me that I haven't touched halo in a few months.... :rofl:

5. vampiregenocide

I haven't touched it in a month or so, mostly because I played so much I needed a rest, and also I've been playing Dead Space 2 ha ha.

6. nojyeloot

nojyeloot SS.org Regular

These look great:

Love new map packs.

7. vampiregenocide

Does look pretty sweet, though visually they're kinda similar to maps we already have. I was hoping for something more far out and different.

8. MFB

MFB ExBendable

Threw Reach in tonight and expected to do alright. News flash, I suck total donkey balls at this game now. My best of the night was fucking 9 kills! I remember SWAT being A LOT easier, and didn't rely on only headshots, plus I remember melees doing more damage. Black Ops has distorted my views, and every time I hit someone I was like, "NO! You die cause I knife - er, pummeled - you!"

9. ZEBOV

ZEBOV Banned

I'm taking a break from Reach. A few nights ago, I had just started a big team slayer match on Spire, and I immediately went to one of the center gravity lifts, made it to the top, got a black screen even though no one left and there was no lag at all, black screen went away, I started jetpacking to the roof, got the black screen again even though there was no lag and no one left, the black screen went away..... and I saw that I was respawning with a score of -1. I totally rage quit that match.
    Earlier that night, I spent the first 7 or 8 minutes of a game shooting an enemy banshee with a DMR.... I was the only one attempting to kill it and I couldn't even reach a power weapon just because of the banshee. When the score was 9 to 40, I started cussing out my whole team saying they suck dick at halo reach (I had 7 of those 9 kills), and I betrayed 2 team mates, they both betrayed me back. I got to boot one of them (LOL, I'm such an asshole), and I started committing suicide every time I spawned, and after my 13th suicide, I accidentally betrayed another teammate, and I know he kicked me off, but I actually got a black screen, lagged out, "won" the game, got a jackpot of 3000 credits + 1500 or so for game completion, and ranked up to Colonol.
    I'm ZEB0V (with a zero) on Xbox Live. If you send me a friend request, make sure you tell me you're from ss.org or I'll decline it.

10. nojyeloot

nojyeloot SS.org Regular

^
    I've had that black screen a few times as well. VERY VERY ANNOYING. I've had to reboot my 360 to get a response, and it's pretty much brand new and well cooled on tile.

Anybody got a somewhat firm ETA on Defiant Map pack coming out this month? Bugs me how MS doesn't tell us a date and we're 8 days in.

11. vampiregenocide

March 15th apparently.

12. nojyeloot

nojyeloot SS.org Regular

So I heard this map pack wasn't really worth it. I haven't go them yet, but heard that they were primarily big team maps and they were a let down. I don't really care for the current big team maps, especially compared to halo 3's. What's the overall consensus?

13. vampiregenocide

They were good, but not really anything new. :/ I wish they'd do brand new fresh feeling maps. These ones all feel like things I've played before.

14. Hallic

Hallic Got T.I.N.G?

they better make those other maps free...

15. vampiregenocide

I just want something fresher feeling. The good thing about Halo 3 is that all the maps were different, some of them weren't even from levels in the game. With Reach, may of the maps are ripped straight from campaign, slightly different versions of other maps, or just forged maps (Which while cool, will always look the same).

16. nojyeloot

nojyeloot SS.org Regular

Great :noplease:. STILL going to have to get them, but I'm not going to like it :lol:

This, exactly.

I'm also of the mind that the big maps on Reach really don't compare to the big maps on Halo 3 (minus Avalanche). Some of the smaller Reach maps are good except that they're, like you said, variations of each other and there's no real difference on many of them. I also don't care for the "universal" level avatars when voting for map/scenario.

In other news, this weekend I brought my Reach disc to my bro-in-laws to show him the ropes (He's a Black Ops guy). Later in the day, his 4 year old grabbed the 360 controller and ran upstairs with it, unbeknownst to us. I walk in the downstairs living room and see the purchase screen's "confirm purchase" window on the TV from On Demand games. I scramble looking for the remote (instead of thinking to shutdown the 360). Too late, he bought a game :lol:. Good thing it was Reach.

17. MFB

MFB ExBendable

Bumping this because well,

[​IMG]

18. Guitarman700

Guitarman700 SS.org Regular

Moar pleez.

19. MFB

MFB ExBendable

All there is I'm afraid.

Twas from Tumblr

20. Guitarman700