Guys putting on sunscreen?

Discussion in 'Lifestyle, Health, Fitness & Food' started by vejichan, Apr 25, 2017.

1. Drew

Drew Forum MVP

This. :lol:

If I'm just going to be out in the sun for short periods of time I don't bother, but any long exposure (and I'm a road cyclist, so I can be out in the sun 4-6 hours at a time routinely) I definitely try to remember to put it on. Otherwise, I'll get COOKED. :lol:

Sometimes I forget - this January, I was in Chile for a week, and on the walk from our hotel in Valparaiso to the beach I figured I could just wait till I was on the beach. I dind't account on it being an hour and a half walk in direct, equatorial sun, and I was pretty red by the time we got there. I spent the rest of the week alternating between sunscreen and moisturizing lotion to (futilely, as it turned out) try to prevent peeling. :lol:

2. MikeH

MikeH Bring the gain

Why the hell is this a thread?

3. vejichan

vejichan SS.org Regular

So I guess I'm the odd one out. I don't put on sunscreen at all. Unless I head to the beach but then I rarely go to the beach. Also I'm not in the sun so much. If you count..walking to the train station which is 2 min from my house and from the station to work is about 5 min on foot. So you guys are telling me it's part of your daily routine.. brush your teeth And put on sunscreen?

4. Grindspine

Grindspine likes pointy things

My morning job involves cutting sections of tissue so that a doctor can verify complete removal of skin cancer.

I generally work on about thirty cases of skin cancer per week.

Yes, sunscreen is necessary.

5. Lasik124

Lasik124 SS.org Regular

I think it would depend on your lifestyle or what you do for a living really. I'm sure most people don't everyday.

I can't remember the last time I put on sunscreen because I don't work in the sun and am never in it for extended periods of time. I think its a good thing to do if either are the case though.

6. Hollowway

Hollowway Extended Ranger

This thread is quickly becoming my safe space. :lol:

And vejichan, I would assume that most of us only put sunscreen on if we're going to be outside to a significant amount of time. Like, if I'm going to be outside playing sports or running or at the beach, then sunscreen goes on. If I'm outside for like 15 minutes during the day to go get lunch or whatever, no way I'm gonna bother with it.