Guyker Headless Bridge - Any good?

Discussion in 'Luthiery, Modifications & Customizations' started by lewis, Apr 28, 2018.

1. lewis

lewis SS.org Regular

so Im thinking about these for my multiscale headless project.

Anyone tried them or had any experiences etc? They seem to be the tuners cropping up on the Agiles and the Legators. Probably others too

[​IMG]

$192 for 6 tuners/locking headpiece + Free postage

Omzig likes this.
  2. lewis

lewis SS.org Regular

Update:
    They came back in stock so i pulled the trigger for my GOC/NEKO headless project.

3. LiveOVErdrive

LiveOVErdrive CNC hack

It looks like the intonation is adjustable but I can't tell how. Is there a grub screw on the other side of the saddle in the picture?

Curious to see how these work. I'm hankering for a headless build.

lewis likes this.
  4. Lemonbaby

Lemonbaby SS.org Regular

The intonation with the small moving element is exactly the same concept as the ABM single and headless bridges. Probably one of the worst inventions in guitar hardware so far...

lewis likes this.
  5. lewis

lewis SS.org Regular

Im completely unfamiliar with both these and the ABM versions.
    They havent even been dispatched yet but i will update these if and when they arrive.

Could you possibly explain in abit more detail how these and the ABM ones intonation is adjustable?.

6. Pikka Bird

Pikka Bird Vaya Con Cornholio

See that spot behind the saddle in the "ramp" area of the bridge? That's a grub screw that goes through the side of the saddle and pushes against the wall of the bridge. You gotta loosen that and then slide the saddle back or forth with your fingers. It's a hassle, but not as much of a hassle as doing it with FR saddles though.

lewis likes this.
  7. Lemonbaby

Lemonbaby SS.org Regular

The moving part is simply dropped into the “channel“ and sits loose once you untighten the diagonal screw in the dent. I'd prefer the Hipshot bridge or (even better) Mera Sub III for a headless build.

8. Omzig

Omzig SS.org Regular

Just uploaded this pic to describe just this but you beat me to it with your post lol

[​IMG]

Id have gone for this as they look a better build (TFM rip offs by the look)

[​IMG]

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pr...adless-Guitar-Bridge/1837209_32861109889.html

But you might have to route for there base/intonation plates,depend on your neck/FB height/depth

lewis likes this.
  9. KnightBrolaire

KnightBrolaire despair ahead

the bottom ones are the new tengda bridges iirc. tengda makes good shit.

Omzig likes this.
  10. Lemonbaby

Lemonbaby SS.org Regular

The T4M hommage looks nice, but 184 Euros is steep for China hardware of unknown quality. And that's w/o customs bringing the price up to 220 (calculated with El Cheapo shipping, that will probably never arrive at my door)...

lewis and Omzig like this.
  11. Omzig

Omzig SS.org Regular

Yep you can take a chance with customs,ive ordered a few times from this guy's store (musooparts) both via ali and ebay and stuff arrived within 5-6 days well packaged (pay the extra £ or Two for tracking del option) & nothing has sofar been stopped,not sure how things stand with US/China imports atm but it seems a lot of stuff from China-UK isn't getting pulled even the floyd rose i ordered (wasn't a cheap ass knock off i though it would be) that was valued at £48 on the shipping label didn't get pulled...it's always a risk though ;)

Feedback seems good on those sofar,but what ever lewis go's for it would be cool to hear his feedback.

lewis likes this.
  12. lewis

lewis SS.org Regular

Believe me dude. I would have gone Hipshot on this too BUT the guitar the hardware is for is multiscale. No amount of begging to Hipshot or Kiesel (exclusivity contract on angled hipshot headless bridges) got them to sell me one.
    So i HAD to source other stuff. Mera was too pricey for me as was ABM. Because they were like £30 each and that doesnt include a headpiece of any kind. This Guyker order was £149 for all 6 bridges AND the locking headpieces so alot more affordable for me.

Also for what its worth, i think that grub screw idea for intonation seems ok haha.

13. crackout

crackout SS.org Regular

The ABM- or Strandberg-style intonation adjustments are awful. The only way to go with a spring-loaded screw that moves the ramp over the base.

14. ixlramp

ixlramp SS.org Regular

Actually the drop-in saddle block design is superior because the set screw locks them tightly into position with lots of contact with the bridge, whereas a conventional screw-adjusted saddle is less rigid and has no rigidity in 1 direction the.
    They're a little more fiddly to move but not an issue.
    Those Eastensound tuners and the many similar designs used by high-end headless guitars are more fiddly to adjust, you have to loosen the string completely and shift the whole bridge to intonate it.

lewis likes this.
  15. lewis

lewis SS.org Regular

UPDATE:
    Annoyingly even though i was able to order them and pay, they are not even in stock. Thats abit cheeky.
    The seller has told me they are temporarily out of stock and im waiting to find out for how long. He is also trying to get me to have the other ones posted in here instead.

I really do have a preference for the all black ones but does anyone think i should get the other ones instead?.
    The originals clearly mount flout which suit me but im not sure if the other ones need routing? If so i dont want them. I just want to be able to drill holes to fix the bridges.

16. Lemonbaby

Lemonbaby SS.org Regular

No one can tell you w/o a technical drawing...

lewis likes this.
  17. Omzig

Omzig SS.org Regular

So based on this super tecnical photo from ali.... :)

[​IMG]

I come away with a depth of 15 mm for the tuning barrel and base plate

[​IMG]

Which is just what the orginal TFM bridges and base plates i used on my self built stranberg clone 7 string measure......

So question is whats the neck/FB end depth of your headless FF build?

lewis likes this.
  18. lewis

lewis SS.org Regular

Man thanks for this.

Let me grab it out its case, measure and report back.

19. lewis

lewis SS.org Regular

Right, seems to me that from the body updwards to the top of a fret is something low like 6.5mm.
    So if this is minimum 15mm thats guna be way too high right?

20. lewis

lewis SS.org Regular