Guitars with Evertune Bridge

Discussion in 'Beginners/FAQ' started by LeviathanKiller, May 29, 2017.

1. Selkoid

Selkoid SS.org Regular

Evertune has Jackson HT7 pros on their website with the bridge installed, those are 26.5".

LeviathanKiller likes this.
  2. Lorcan Ward

Lorcan Ward 7slinger

So if you have a 59 tuned to A you can set it so when you pick hard it won't go out of tune? How does that work? surely it kills sustain and tone if it stops the string vibrating?

3. Vyn

Vyn Not a Sparkly Vampire Contributor

It's a great deal if you live in the states, not so good if you live internationally. It was going to be around $150-$200USD to ship to Australia :(

4. couverdure

couverdure No Gear Day

The E-II Horizon NT-7 Evertune is at the peak of your price range.
    [​IMG]

5. LeviathanKiller

LeviathanKiller Knee-shooting Archer

As far as I know, there's some sort of timing as to how quickly it kicks in. I do crazy bends with the way I have my current EverTune guitar set up and it stays in tune 100%.

Probably a great guitar, but the all black is so generic. They have the $1000 EverTune versions and they look exactly the same. Thankfully I do live in the US, so that direct buy from EverTune seems like the way to go now. I can't wait to buy another Agile and have an EverTune installed on it.

6. Strobe

Strobe SS.org Regular

I picked up an LTD KS-7 for 650 earlier this year used. Had some electric Gremlins, but fixed. Nice guitar overall. The evertune pleasantly surprised me, works really well, and easier to set up than most - intonation is a breeze.

7. Mathemagician

Mathemagician SS.org Regular

I’m seriously thinking of sending my ESP MII with a tone pros bridge to them. If I could find someone to install a neck pickup the guitar would actually be perfect. Hmmmmmm. Maybe sometime next year.

8. BearOnGuitar

BearOnGuitar SS.org Regular

One of our installers recently created a comparison of a string's movement between the active zone of the EverTune (zone 2) and zone 3 where is basically works just like any regular hardtail. Be sure to check out the video and written post, it's quite interesting:

When a saddle is located within zone 2 the spring will continuously counterbalance the string's tension to make sure it stays in tune. When using short scale lengths and low tunings the initial transient might still go sharp very slightly until the spring reacts when the string is too lose. It's however not like with regular bridges where you need to make a decision between tuning the strings to the transient or the sustained note, since you can have both perfectly in tune and never worry about the strings shifting with heavy picking, all while still being able to use vibrato and bending the strings. Check this out: https://www.instagram.com/p/BI-xyy3BC-y/?taken-by=francescofiligoi

You can get away with using short scale lengths on a 7 string with an EverTune bridge without experiencing any tuning issues however I don't think it sounds and feels right due to the muddy low string tone and cramped feeling on shorter scale lengths. As always this is down to personal preference.

Obviously the tone will change when routing the body and installing a different bridge. I suggest checking out this before and after comparison that one of our customers recorded which perfectly demonstrates the tonal effect of the EverTune installation: http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/threads/evertune-before-after-clips-multi-track-download.994961/
    https://dl.orangedox.com/1Nv5VWXcUkPB0dQI8h

Best regards,
    Herbert

9. Jacksonluvr636

Jacksonluvr636 SS.org Regular

Marked for later. Definitely looking to dig deep into learning the ET. Only had a quick run with but I was super impressed. The “zones” make sense as I figured you’d need to find a perfect center balance or sweet spot to allow for the bends but also keep it Locked in tune?

To the OP, if you are like me and love ESP’s but not a huge fan of the TOM and don’t want a Floyd, the Evertune is definitely the way to go.

Super tight, low pro and ability to play fast without having to mess with a Floyd. A blessing.

BearOnGuitar likes this.
  10. LeviathanKiller

LeviathanKiller Knee-shooting Archer

All of my guitars are fixed-bridge/TOM. Never really had the desire to play with a whammy bar really. EverTune has been a huge change to my setup. It's really nice to just plug and play. Despite not liking the 25.5" scale as much as longer lengths, I find myself picking this guitar up probably 95% of the time over the others knowing that I won't have to tune it for a solid 3 minutes.

Yes and he extended the scale length to 26.5" from 25.5". It's on my radar but I'm waiting until he gets things up and running a bit more. I want to see what all variations he's going to come out with. The EverTune model he has is still alder while the non-ET version is now mahogany. I'd like to stick to my default of mahogany or swamp ash.

BearOnGuitar likes this.
  11. kindsage

kindsage SS.org Regular

If you’re really conservative with the options you choose you can build a 7 string warmoth for under $2k including an evertune bridge. It would be a fun project too :)