Guitars with Evertune Bridge

Discussion in 'Beginners/FAQ' started by LeviathanKiller, May 29, 2017.

1. LeviathanKiller

LeviathanKiller Knee-shooting Archer

So what are all of the stock 7-string guitars currently available with an Evertune bridge?
    AND
    What builders (if there are any) do sub-$2000 builds that you know or think would be willing to do an Evertune in a build?

I hate tuning and it's always worse whenever there is random weather and humidity which seems to be the new norm. I just want to play instead of thinking...is that off by a couple hertz? I think I can hear it...a slight dissonance...yep...
    You know how it is.

Last edited: May 29, 2017
  2. aWoodenShip

aWoodenShip Great Job, Jeremy.

If you can wait a little bit for it to come out. There's gonna be that Korn ESP sig that has an evertune and fluence moderns in it

Manurack likes this.
  3. LeviathanKiller

Only con to that is the scale length. Still a possibility though I suppose

4. KnightBrolaire

KnightBrolaire gearwhoricus americanus

5. BouhZik

BouhZik SS.org Regular

yes ESP got a few models with ET, but 6 strings. The korn one is not available yet. Also Washburn Solar with ET. There is a VGS 7 strings with ET but it cost so little (like a 100 more than the bridge alone) that I fear it's a POS with an evertune....
    the custom build route, with evertune but less than 2000, I would not trust. IMO you better get a good 7 strings that you like an retrofit the bridge than ordering an Halo.

6. ZombieLloyd

ZombieLloyd Not one 7 string

The Washburn Solar series has a 7 string with an Evertune and, to me at least, it sounds great. From what I've seen on Youtube anyway. It's the Washburn PX-Solar17ETC.

7. KnightBrolaire

KnightBrolaire gearwhoricus americanus

The Ken susi 7 string and MH 1007 are both 7 strings with evertunes for under 1200$ Hell, the newer Ken susi model has fishman fluences in it too and comes in at 1400$
    http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5338014327&icep_item=263000214087

Strobe and BouhZik like this.
  8. Lindmann

Lindmann SS.org Rectangular

Scale lengh is not that much of a factor with evertune anymore, since it intonates perfectly.
    As long as you keep tuning and string gauge in a reasonable relation you won't have any issues with that.

I play Drop G on a 25.5" evertuned MH-1000 with .64 strings and the intonation is flawless.

The only thing that you have is the loose feeling of the stings which can be confusing in the beginning.
    But for me the evertune bridge is a real alternative to baritone scales or super heavy strings.

TheDandy and Alien Soundworks like this.
  9. Señor Voorhees

Señor Voorhees SS.org Regular

Yeah, with evertune you can get away with more slinky gauges. The biggest downfall of slinky strings is that they go sharp when you play them hard. Evertune keeps constant tension, so that becomes a non issue. It might feel weird at first, but it's not nearly as detrimental as loose strings on a normal guitar.

Alien Soundworks likes this.
  10. Winspear

Winspear Tom Winspear

I too am super curious about the effectiveness of an Evertune to reduce scale length/gauge requirements.
    Obviously the buzz is still there and that would bother me for clean, but I'm thinking a little bit of buzz might even be favorable for a distorted tone as long as the pitch is stable. Usually I'm going for a 100% buzz free and pitch stable setup.

11. ZombieLloyd

I didn't know this actually. I normally use 11-56 tuned to D standard, would that be too much on an Evertune?

12. LeviathanKiller

The scale length is an issue for me not because of intonation but the palpable tension.

I didn't know about that Brian's sig and Ken's sig. Those are on my watch list now.
    The dark brown sunburst version of Ken's is nice and is only $1100 actually. I don't care for the color scheme of the other one with the pickguard.

Honestly, I've yet to find one single guitar with a scale length longer than 25.5" that has an Evertune. Odd.

I found another guitar on Evertune's website. VGS SOULMASTER VSM-120 / 7 SELECT

And found a Halo with Evertune and BKP Juggs for $1300. Not bad.
    http://www.haloguitars.com/store/El...String-27-Scale-Evertune-Juggernauts-2.0.html
    Have they upped their quality? I've been ignoring their stuff since about 5 or so years ago when everyone was constantly trashing them so it seemed.

13. Lindmann

Lindmann SS.org Rectangular

Haven't tried this so I could only guess.

Theres is a certain range of possible tuning/gauge relations, which is quite wide. But it definitely has its limitations.
    If you exeed these you would have to replace the stock saddle with a higher/lower tension saddle.
    But it think there's a calculator on their website which tells you, if you're within the range or not.

Yep....that's something where the evertune wont't help.
    In my case...I actually enjoy the looser feel of the strings.
    I used to play very high tensions on regular bridged guitars, just to maintain the intonation of the guitar but at the expense of loosing some playability (hard to bend etc).
    But I agree...it is definately personal preference.

Hmm...didn't want to derail the thread to be an pro/con evertune thread....sorry.
    The point that I was trying to make was: scale length still does matter for evertune guitars, but to a way lesser extend.

Last edited: May 30, 2017
    LeviathanKiller and ZombieLloyd like this.
  14. Kaff

Kaff SS.org Regular

My RGD2127FX with Evertune has 26,5" scale and it can handle most any tuning I throw at it with standard tension saddles. I think I've had to fine tune it twise in 6 months with two sets of strings.

LeviathanKiller likes this.
  15. ZombieLloyd

Okay, thanks. I just checked it out and the website said the standard tension saddles are fine

16. LeviathanKiller

I bought the Ola Englund Washburn Solar PX-Solar17ETC. It's a great guitar that I'm going to keep for a long while but I'm not in love with the 25.5" scale length really. Just too cramped feeling.

Have any production models surfaced as of late?

I did find this on Evertune's website today. Any guitar, tack on $50 for shipping, tack on the price of the bridge for $295 and you have nearly any guitar you choose with EverTune installed.
    This will probably end up being what I do next. I need at least a 26.5" scale with EverTune. Every production model I've found is 25.5". It's that or go custom with my next guitar with someone who can install the EverTune.

Winspear likes this.
  17. ImBCRichBitch

ImBCRichBitch SS.org Regular

I played a Halo with evertune and bkps at, of all places, a guitar center. 27" scale, drop g#, and what i can only assume were a 64 set on it. I liked it, and they only wanted $700 for it. i should have got it in hind sight. Almost my dream 7. You couldnt even tell the strings were, in my taste, too light minus a tiny bit of looseness

18. LeviathanKiller

Dang, that would have been a nice grab. Halo has one up in their in-stock section but that's $1300.

19. ImBCRichBitch

ImBCRichBitch SS.org Regular

It was sweet, just couldnt vibe with the aftermaths. too harsh. and the whitewashed color was cool under flourescent light but in regular light it looked sickly

20. gimmeapill

gimmeapill SS.org Regular

Did you guys check the new Solar guitars with evertune launched directly by Ola (since Washburn apparently discontinued them)?
    The A1.7ET doesn't look half bad (sorry no link as I'm new here).