Guitar Pro 7 is in full progress - Tell them what you want

Discussion in 'General Music Discussion' started by jonajon91, Aug 20, 2014.

1. endmysuffering

endmysuffering I'm serious

8 and 9 string tabs.

2. GunpointMetal

GunpointMetal SS.org Regular

I really, really, really need 9-string tabs.... It's very annoying having to drop a "*" anywhere it's supposed to be on the bottom string.

3. p0ke

p0ke 7-string guitard

Yep, and you don't even need to export it, it's possible to route the midi into VST plugins and have them play the tab. I prefer having midi only, because it makes the app faster by not having to load millions of things all the time.

4. Winspear

Winspear EtherealEntity Vendor

:agreed: All this RSE stuff does is make it harder to hear what you are doing imo haha

:agreed: That's how I roll, I route synth/orchestra out to actual VSTs. Occasionally drums. Stick with basic windows midi for the guitar.

Acquire Sibelius and then drop me a PM :) I'll get you set up. That goes for anyone else wanting more than 8 strings too (or just anyone wanting to check out Sibelius for guitar, it is Godmode.)

5. Kaura

Kaura SS.org Regular

I just hope the guitars finally sound authentic enough so I can just start programming the guitars for my songs instead of having to record real ones. :cool:

6. GunpointMetal

Yeah....I'll just go back to writing them on hand-drawn tab lines at $600 for the most basic version that isn't a subscription. Avid and Adobe can eat my asshole with their subscription software.

7. wankerness

wankerness SS.org Regular

Sibelius used to be ~200 bucks without any subscription. Now it's 750 unless you buy the annual subscription? Idiotic. I bet it's like Adobe where it randomly pops up in your face saying you've been logged out and forcing you to log back in with an internet connection for it to work again. Ah well. I'll continue using my old version.

8. Wolfster

Wolfster SS.org Regular

I'd actually really appreciate some help with that. Currently looking into changing software for writing, and something that is capable of re-wire and vst instrument accessibility is what I'm after. Had enough of gp6! I'm looking at notion,Sibelius and the new software Dorico. Had a go with Sibelius ages ago, but could never get it set up with decent tab and vet instruments! Can't find any instructional stuff online that relates directly to rock/metal heads either, it's all just focussed on classical and silly big band samples. Would you be able to give some advice on how to set it up? I'm hoping to get either Notion or Sibelius integrated with Reaper.

9. Winspear

All software is the same because you just change the MIDI output to a virtual midi cable and route it to the plugins in your DAW, assigning channels as desired. Tux can. It's in the mixer. So can Guitar Pro 6 - turn RSE off else you wont see the channels option.

Anyway, yeah, get some kind of virtual MIDI cable (I use LoopBe30 - pretty sure there was a free one with less channels but it's cheap anyway). Set that as output in tab instead of Microsoft Synth. Set it as your midi channel input in the DAW. Assign output channels in the Sibelius mixer/Tux mixer/GP6 instrument sound control to match the input channels of various sounds in the DAW :)
    Regarding Sibelius guitars/genres, it has every instrument really so just find the guitars section, insert tab and notation if you want it and you are good to go :) Tutorials need not be instrument specific and the tab is self explanatory. One thing you'll want to grasp quickly to stop yourself making a complete mess in Sibelius is use of the N key. It engages and disengages note entry and clicking around or going to enter new notes/add to existing notes to form chords can seem chaotic if you aren't conscious of whether N is on or off.
    Whether other softwares you mentioned can control output channels of instruments when assigned to another MIDI output, I do not know, I would assume so
    Save
    Save
    Save
    Save
    Save
    Save
    Save
    Save
    Save

10. GunpointMetal

Also, GP would be the best if I could set the metronome pulse separate from the time signature ex. always 8th notes, always 16th notes, always 1/4 notes. The most annoying thing with Speed Trainer is it always counts in at 1/4 notes, or the measure's division prior to the measure I'm working on.....

11. wankerness

wankerness SS.org Regular

Oh, I didn't realize GP couldn't do that. I think Powertab did, even though it's from like 1997. Maybe I'm wrong and it could only do custom beaming groups.

12. GunpointMetal

Unless there's a setting I can't locate, it sets the click to whatever the pulse division of the measure is, but in speed trainer, it only counts in quarter notes. Which is SUPER ....ING ANNOYING when you're trying to learn parts that are 32nd notes at 90 BPM. The only real workaround I've found is to copy the section into a new tab project and set the timing to 8/8 instead of 4/4 and work on it that way.

13. Winspear

Just a side note to anybody trying routing out as described in my post above - if you're combining VSTs with the stock midi engine you'll need to put a slight delay on the VST as stock midi has a delay.