Grim Dawn

Discussion in 'Computers, Electronics, IT & Gaming' started by GodOfChugs, Dec 10, 2016.

1. GodOfChugs

GodOfChugs SSO's Chugmeister

It's an action rpg (like Diablo, torchlight) and still maintains that 'dark' aspect. I just bought it earlier today and so far I'm liking it... There's a lot to take in but it seems promising at higher level stuff!

2. myrtorp

myrtorp Jiggywiggy

im on a lvl 57 soldier atm, went for shield and as many defence stats as possible with devotions aswell. Me and my mate finished the final boss on veteran now and went back to the skeleton key place with the aether corruptions, the one close to Homestead. We never finished that one, we have tried several times. My friend plays a kinda squishy gunslinger DPS and he got one shotted by a mini boss. I got to the last (I think?) boss trio and managed to kill one but the others were just too tough and regenerated faster than i could deal damage. I had one by 5% hp left and BOOM he was back to 1/3 hp again. After going through that place solo and being on the edge of my seat the whole time I had to go out and run and do pushups to get rid of the energy I had built up in me lol

We have cleared the first skeleton dungeon with these chars and I finished The Bastion of Chaos with another char. But this one with the Aether stuff is just so damn tough. I wonder what its like on the higher levels :D

Wondering what second skill tree i should get. Either Shaman or Nightblade!

3. Mathemagician

Mathemagician SS.org Regular

I've been waiting for that game to be "Complete" chapter and endgame wise. Is it still beta, or is it a live game that now gets regular updates. I remember it looking VERY promising about 2 years ago.

4. myrtorp

myrtorp Jiggywiggy

Ooh it was finished a year ago or more. Its got 1 dlc too, some kind of wave defence, which I haven tried. You get alot for what you pay with this game I think. Its a pretty solid ARPG!

I like you wanted to wait until release, which I did. Im always suspicious of early access crap.

5. Clebby

Clebby SS.org Regular

Can confirm this is a great game. Same developers (just under a different studio name) as Titan Quest which was an awesome game just FYI if you haven't played it.

6. SpaceDock

SpaceDock Shred till your dead

I played quite a bit of this game (20hrs) but there were two things I didn't like. No objective tracking until you get really close. Crummy controller support. These are personal preferences and shouldn't detract from the game for people who have lots of time for exploring aimlessly or don't have old man hands.

7. myrtorp

myrtorp Jiggywiggy

After getting my Warder (soldier+shaman) to 75 and a fair bit into elite difficulty I kinda got tired of him. All points and devotions are spent on survivability, and man this guys just wont die. You can stand in the middle of basically anything and tank it. The downside is very low damage, which results in slow clearing speeds. Port Valbury I could get through without problems, but the final boss trio had greater health regen than I could do damage so it was a stalemate, I had to just give up and stand still until I died.

Made a new Arcanist. At level 55 ish. Damage is great and hes fun to play but so squishy, im not used to it after my super tanky build :D