Greetings from the Windy City

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by Raz, Jan 18, 2017.

1. Raz

Raz SS.org Regular

Hi everyone, new here and to 7 strings in general, and figured I'd introduce myself. I'm Raz, born and raised in Chicago, IL. 5'7", Blackhawks fan, Psychology Major; Both a metalhead and nerd.
    I've never been part of a band (but always wanted to start one, just having a tough time finding someone I connect with on an equal/nearly equal playing ability). I'd like to some time soon get enough gear together and record gaming song covers (cause like there aren't enough of those on youtube :rolleyes:).

As for gear, right now I'm using a 6 string Explorer style by Pitbull Guitars (Australians, you might of heard of them); and right now I'm on my 3rd attempt at a 7 string, a Schecter Demon 7 (in white).
    First attempt was a Jackson JS22-7 with the maple fretboard. Thing sucked in terms of build quality. Frets jutted out over the neck and actually got me to bleed, and the holes for the pickups' height screws were drilled too large for any screw I was able to ever come across, thus having both pups sink into the body.
    Second was a Legator Ninja-100; bought and paid for, USPS said it was delivered, but no one ever saw it arrive within the 30 minutes after I noticed tracking said it was there; considered MIA; now dealing with an insurance case and police report.

Not giving up, I want to have and ENJOY a seven string!

That's it for now, hope to actually manage to contribute and have fun and talk with like-minded people. Any questions? Please ask!

2. You

You รพ

Greetings

3. robski92

robski92 SS.org Regular

Welcome man! I'm not to far away from Chicago, always nice to see someone join from nearby!

4. Blytheryn

Blytheryn Musical Adam West

Hey dude welcome to the forums! Fellow Chicagoan here, grew up in Hoffman Estates! The Blackhawks rule!

5. Dawn of the Shred

Dawn of the Shred Blackest Of The Blackest

Welcome to the forum!