Greetings from Michigan!

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by Oesnume, Oct 22, 2017.

1. Oesnume

Oesnume SS.org Regular

Hello hello, my name is Richard. I'm 23 and live in the SE thumb of Michigan. I've played guitar since 2009 and I've been recording since late 2015. I'm mostly self taught, excluding a year performing classical guitar in college.

I own a Halo Clarus 7, though I barely touch the seventh string (still counts!!), a no name classical, a Douglas bass, and my first guitar - an Ibanez GRX20Z.

I make progressive inspired metal tunes, and I just released the first EP for my solo instrumental project Oesnume (oh-snum). Hope you enjoy the music!

2. M3CHK1LLA

M3CHK1LLA angel sword guardian

welcome to sso

gonna check out your stuff later when i get time

3. Oesnume

Oesnume SS.org Regular

Cheers man, I couldn't link it above but go to oesnume.bandcamp.com for the full thing, I see that some songs aren't appearing chronologically or at all through youtube.

4. bostjan

bostjan MicroMetal Contributor

Hi Richard!

Pretty nifty stuff! I preferred track 3 the best. :yesway:

I spent my formative years in St. Clair Shores and Mount Clemens - my band played quite a few times at this tiny place, called Rene's Port Lounge, in Fairhaven (back in the late 1990's - you might have even been in kindergarten yet :lol: ), not too far from Algonac. I guess that place is not at all the same anymore, from what I've heard. I used to work 3-4 jobs at different music stores and pawn shops in the Detroit area, too, but I think those are all long gone now, too. My cousin is still in the area. When I lived in SCS, he lived in New Baltimore. Not sure exactly where he lives now, but he's hasn't moved far.

Are there still places for bands to play in your area? I moved away a little more than ten years ago.

5. Oesnume

Oesnume SS.org Regular

Thank you! I drive through Fair Haven every day for work, but I can't say I've heard of that place.

Without traveling to metro Detroit there's not much in my area, in 2014 "The Warehouse" opened in Marine City, and that was the place to go for local acts, but they shut their doors last year. There's also the diesel lounge in Chesterfield, which recently hosted Marty Friedman, The Fine Constant, and Scale The Summit.

Sometimes I miss living in Grand Rapids because there are so many guitar stores. I live close to Chatham-Kent in Canada so that's my new go-to, that city has at least four stores in a five mile radius.