Greetings from France ! I'm new here

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by Wataruhp, Feb 25, 2017.

1. Wataruhp

Wataruhp New 8 string user

Hello dear fellas,
    I've been wandering on this website since maybe one or one and a half year, during my long research of what 7 or 8 string guitar would be the first ERG to be part of my gear, and today, I've decided to sign up, so I can interact with you guys.
    Let me introduce myself,
    My name's Hugo, I live in France,
    I started to play the classical guitar in a conservatory at the age of 5, or 6, I can't exactly recall.. During 5 years, I learned music theory, but classical music bored me, I was young and stupid, I prefered rock'n'roll and wanted to play the electric. So I quit the conservatory, in order to play the electric guitar.
    At first, I played a lot of pop-punk, metalcore (Avenged Sevenfold, or killswitch engage), and some classics like Zeppelin or Skynyrd. (Exactly what the stereotype of the teenager learning the electric guitar would play :rolleyes:) Around 12 or 13, I started to dicover the music that seemed to talk to me way more than everything above, Prog music, (Dream Theater, Queensryche, Opeth...) and neo-classical shredders (Like becker, Malmsteen or even Michael Romeo...), So I practiced hours everyday, learning how to setup my gear, upgrading it by saving all the tiny amounts of money I could get as a teenager, and in my quest, I started to feel that I was missing something that petrucci, loomis, abasi, Macalpine, and a lot of others had. This thing was more strings.
    So I searched, what 7 or 8 string guitar could be mine, knowing that I had not a lot of money at all. I stumbled a lot upon threads on this forum that were very instructive and interesting, thanks btw.
    And here I am, I am 17 now, I got my first 8 string, a harley-benton fanfret 8nt that I upgraded with lace pickups (X-bar, and Deathbar) and it plays, sounds, and looks totally awesome :shred:
    I'm here to exchange advices, so I can get some experience by some of you experienced players out there, I'm learning to know better my 8, re-learning every scale and everything.

Thanks for reading, hope we can have great discussions here !
    Hugo/Wataruhp

All_¥our_Bass likes this.
  2. dr_game0ver

dr_game0ver SS.org Regular

3. Sir Ibanez

Sir Ibanez SS.org Regular

Hi, Hugo! Welcome!

4. All_¥our_Bass

All_¥our_Bass Deathly Chuuni

Welcome!!

I'm glad you found us. This is such a fun place.

5. Dawn of the Shred

Dawn of the Shred Blackest Of The Blackest

Welcome to the forum!