Great Podcasts

Discussion in 'Movies, Books, TV & Media' started by Ben Lorentzen, Jun 5, 2018.

1. Ben Lorentzen

Ben Lorentzen SS.org Regular

I am a sucker for Podcasts. They come in super handy when I am out traveling and I have read the books, the magazines and listened to the albums I need to listen to. Podcasts are different, fills that space nothing else really fills.

I am looking for great Podcasts suggestions. NAME THREE, and pls leave short description on why you love it.

(I will check out those who get several mentions first)

2. DudeManBrother

DudeManBrother Hey...how did everybody get in my room?

I’m a fan of the Philosophize This! podcast. I spend more time in audio books vs podcasts though typically; so that’s the only one that springs to mind.

3. mongey

mongey SS.org Regular

my fav is a skate one called the nine club

sitting down with old ex pro's , current pros, industry guys

but you gotta be into skating to appreciate it . my wife sure doesn't

4. Ralyks

Ralyks The One Who Knocks Contributor

Kinda depends on what topics you’re looking for. Personally, if I have to name 3, it’s Giant Bombcast (video games and other random topics by some well spoken dudes that can be pretty funny), Something To Wrestle With Bruce Prichard (Anecdote about the mans time behind the scenes at WWF/E), and Sound of Play (tracks from video games, sometimes featuring composers as their guests). And I’ll just add NPRs Up First, since it’s only 10 - 15 minutes of what’s up in the news for the day.

5. budda

budda Guiterrorizer Contributor

Serial, s town, jay and dan (espn), armchair expert (dax sheppard) and anna faris has a great one too. Thats what we've crushed on tour thus far. A friend of mine finally released his called "sellin' out" which Im gonna check out.

6. Spicypickles

Spicypickles 8 string Warrior

I subscribe to about 10 right now, but they’re all mostly comedy.

Legion of Skanks is hilarious, and usually a good time, but it’s lretty offensive subject matter if you’re not into that.

Bill Burr’s MMPC (Monday morning podcast) is always good, he just rants about some current event stuff, sports, drums and his family life.

Doug Stanhope’s is really good, as it sounds like a group of friends bullshitting and telling stories.

Tinfoil Hat is a conspiracy podcast led by comedian Sam Tripoli, and is highly interesting with some laughs sprinkled in.

Joe Rohan’s is very good, as he’s usually pretty informed in whichever guest’s subject matter that he has on for a pod, but they’re so diverse that you’ll want to pick and choose your favorite guests/subjects

7. Electric Wizard

Electric Wizard delightfully devilish

Dan Carlin's Hardcore History if you're looking for something in a long format.

8. FILTHnFEAR

FILTHnFEAR Infidel

The Joe Rogan Experience

The Rubin Report

Bill Burr's MMPC