Great Flamenco Guitarists?

Discussion in 'Jazz, Acoustic, Classical & Fingerstyle' started by JoeytheChoady, Jan 30, 2012.

1. chopeth

chopeth SS.org Regular

2. mrcheapyasui

mrcheapyasui SS.org Regular

I went to Spain recently and got to check out some amazing live flamenco. I was totally blown away, some of the guys I saw play just as fast as any metal shred guy. Also, I hard already listened to flamenco guitar and knew it was going to be cool, but I didn't really know about the dancer people. There are super intense too, you don't want to get in their way when they're stomping around!!

On my trip watching their skill made me a little discouraged about playing guitar haha. But when I got back I got myself a cheap flamenco guitar and now I'm learning.... slowly...

3. Alberto7

Alberto7 ΩGJ :3

Good classical and flamenco guitarists have, to my eyes and ears, much more precision, speed, and accuracy than practically any electric guitarist. My first classical guitar teacher could play some sick stuff, and I met a lot of flamenco players while I was in Spain whose skill was simply jaw-dropping. Classical and flamenco guitar playing is just in a different world of its own when compared to electric guitar playing. Keep practicing and don't get discouraged; you're in for a lot of fun and lots of challenges :shred:. Plus, the chances of getting laid are increased by about 1500% :lol:... Now I'm off with my shallow jokes...

4. Tatzkii

Tatzkii SS.org Regular

What makes acoustic melodies so beautiful to listen to is the ability of the guitarist and the guitar. Travel Guide and Organizer