Gratuitous Gear Family Photos

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment' started by BadSeed, Dec 12, 2018.

1. BadSeed

BadSeed SS.org Regular

It just so happened I had ALL of my amps together at the same time this week. It literally never happens, so I figured I'd take a picture to commemorate. Shortly after taking the photo, I purchased a Mesa Stiletto Trident from GC and a Peavey VTM 60 from eBay. So the family has grown even larger in the past 3 days [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Post up yours, always fun to see what people have stashed away.

47686909_10118239730366024_5566157012934328320_o.jpg

Edika, nikt, AkiraSpectrum and 19 others like this.
  2. buriedoutback

buriedoutback SS.org Regular

3. GunpointMetal

GunpointMetal SS.org Regular

Man, I can't imagine having the expendable income (without racking up massive credit card debt) or the desire to own so many amps.
    Congratulations on the beautiful children!

Spinedriver likes this.
  4. odibrom

odibrom .

Damn... on everything...

... it looks like you have a thing with/for single cut guitars, Les Paul style, I mean...

5. BadSeed

BadSeed SS.org Regular

I flip gear for additional profit on top of having a good paying job and no student loans, so I have set myself up nicely through carefully planned budgeting and a lot of research on the local and national gear market.

It makes for a fun hobby that lets me test gear as well as make a profit off of it, you just have to have the ability to front the money in the first place. That being said, 6 of the pictured amps are actually up for sale right now, but they're mine for now, lol

technomancer and GunpointMetal like this.
  6. GunpointMetal

GunpointMetal SS.org Regular

That makes more sense, lol. I used to flip guitars many years ago, but I ended up collecting too many so I stopped all together. I'm like a gear minimalist now, I want as little as I can get away with having that will do what I need it to do. That way I can blow the rest of my money playing shows that barely pay anything. :nlb:

BadSeed likes this.
  7. JD27

JD27 ESP Cult Member

My favorite part isn’t even the amps, it’s the lonely Jackson Scott Ian V in the abyss of single cuts. Yikes, and I thought I was bad when I had 6 amps and 25 or so guitars.

cwhitey2 and BadSeed like this.
  8. BadSeed

BadSeed SS.org Regular

Sadly enough, I have another 15 or so guitars that arent pictured, but a lot of them are explorer/v/sg shapes, if that makes you feel better.

I know what I have is overkill, but I never feel bad about it. My bills are paid, I have no debts, nothing I need, and extra money in the bank, so I might as well have fun with it while I have the chance.

9. odibrom

odibrom .

now that both of you have opened the pandora box (quantifying the gear in your hands), you have the moral obligation to correctly document these affirmations with high resolution photos. DO IT NOW...:D

10. Soya

Soya Poor person Contributor

If there was a thread that I will never deserve to post in, this would be it.

11. scratchNdentPrestige

scratchNdentPrestige SS.org Regular

This is why I come to SSO, makes me feel better about guitar buying/flipping addiction.

LeviathanKiller likes this.
  12. JD27

JD27 ESP Cult Member

At my gear whoring worst... I actually have nothing left of this except for the Cabs and they are going shortly too.

[​IMG]

13. FitRocker33

FitRocker33 My tone is tighter than my hamstrings

This thread has so much win it’s ridiculous. I wanna see more!
    :pray:

Beheroth likes this.
  14. technomancer

technomancer Gearus Pimptasticus Super Moderator

My condolences on your losses :lol:

15. JD27

JD27 ESP Cult Member

Ha, well buying and fixing my house made for a drastic reduction.

technomancer likes this.
  16. LeviathanKiller

LeviathanKiller Knee-shooting Archer

Haven't updated my family pic in my signature in a while

Forgive the crap scattered everywhere. I set my space up so I have access to the most amount of guitars without having to get up out of the chair, disconnect the cable and put it on the hook I have underneath the table, and then swap out across the room. The rack against the wall has my bass, my grandpa's tele (my only 6-string electric I'm keeping), and some guitars I'm selling. In the corner is an acoustic in a bag. And out of sight is my last 6-string which is listed for sale (G&L Ascari).

I recently started putting together a portable pedal rig so I don't have to lug around my yellow turd (the Kemper and Axe-Fx 8-space unit).

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

17. odibrom

odibrom .

WOW... keep them coming...

Hey, if any of you need extra storage space, you can count on me. I'll cherish your gear as I do mine and I won't charge any fees as do most storage spots and stuff... I just don't promise to send it back since mail post offices around are kind of meh... (lame excuse obviously)...

@LeviathanKiller 2 honest questions:
    • why do you use a Kemper and an AXE FX3... I understand the Kemper's FXs are limited but the AXE's "amps"...? What am I missing?
    • I spotted a spare AXE FX... please consider my first paragraph in this post... :D

LeviathanKiller likes this.
  18. LeviathanKiller

LeviathanKiller Knee-shooting Archer

The Axe-Fx III replaced the Axe-Fx II XL+ plain and simple.
    I bought the Kemper at the same time I had bought the II XL+.
    Kemper is kind of like a backup to the III if something bad happened.
    I just bought a Mooer Preamp Live (the white pedal) which sounds great and I had a DigiTech RP50 already which is okay for right now for effects. So the Kemper is less needed now.
    I play the Axe-Fx III the majority of the time. Boots up quicker, sounds the way I want it to. Is an all-in-one whereas the Kemper's effects just don't do it for me at all.

All that said, I really like some of the profiles on the Kemper that I purchased and it's made it hard to part with the unit since it takes a lot of effort to get an exact match on the Axe-Fx III. Not saying it's not possible. I just don't have the time and I don't like using the Axe-Fx's tone match to get me there since it isn't matching the dynamics. That's just an EQ match.

I doubt I'd ever use the Kemper WITH the Axe-Fx III. It's just an annoying and cumbersome setup and the III's amps are perfect imo so it's not like that unit is lacking anything really.

I don't know if that really answers the question justifiably. lol

odibrom likes this.
  19. KailM

KailM SS.org Regular

I almost posted a pic, but it'd be embarrassing compared to some of you guys. If I had the money I'd probably be right there with you.

Interestingly, none of you have a problem. The 350+ guns my uncle has in his home might be a problem...

odibrom and LeviathanKiller like this.
  20. prlgmnr

prlgmnr ...that kind of idea

Need more cabs.

Do you also have one of those library ladder-on-wheels things for accessing the higher tiers of amps?

The906 and odibrom like this.