Got My Mesa Triaxis Fired Up!

Discussion in 'Gear Reviews' started by Christopher, Jul 24, 2005.

1. zimbloth

zimbloth Nick // Axe Palace Vendor Forum MVP

Well version 2.0 does have a Recto mode, it's just the Vintage Hi Gain chan and not modern. That being said, I think if you can't coax and amazing metal tone from the MK2/MK4 channels then something must be wrong.

2. Cancer

Cancer Cancer:The Crucifuct

Huh...., you mean used, right? The ADA MP-1 hasn't been MADE in years. They stopped making those in the mid 90's.

3. XEN

XEN BEYOND 6UITAR & B4SS Contributor

Freakin' true! Metal is in there. Remeber Low by Testament? That was Triaxis and BBE. I personally am not looking for Recto, MK4, or any other amp's tone. I'm looking for MY tone. I did find it in the Triaxis/2:90 combo, the Mark IV, my Peavey Ultra Plus, and even the Tubefex/Classic 50/50 combo I used for a while, but I never did find it in the Recto. I really don't have it now with Line 6, but at least the BBE helps it out and keeps it from feeling TOO sterile. I am not in a position to buy an amp right now though, so :fawk: to you guys who can go out and buy whatever you want just to rip into it here on the forums. I want to play too, damn it!

4. 7 Dying Trees

7 Dying Trees Forum MVP

7th Ethereal Plane of interstellar hell, Innit Bru
    To be honest, I always preferred the orange channel on the recto to the red one, which I assume is the vintage high gain, just sounded fuller and more aggressive to me, the modern had that little bit too much scoop to it...

But yeah, the recto on the triaxis is a bit un recto like, but is better for it!