Good Free Drum Program?

Discussion in 'Recording Studio' started by c4nc3el, May 25, 2012.

1. c4nc3el

c4nc3el New Member

I happen to be short a drummer for this entire summer, and Im not very good myself, so does anyone know any good drum programs that happen to be free?

2. niffnoff

niffnoff Just another SunBro

Off the top of my head your only best bet is to spend money dude, on like EzDrummer the cheapest half decent one I can tolerate. Shouldn't break the bank too much.

3. shnizzle

shnizzle johnny

you could also look for free drum sampler plugin to load free drum samples onto. than mix them in your DAW.

4. Explorer

Explorer He seldomly knows...

Funny, I've been thinking of making a move to a drum program from my old Roland R8mkII, and it seemed like Superior Drummer (yes, more expensive than EZ Drummer) was the only thing which would get me in the ballpark for what I wanted. I was hoping something would be suggested for free which would get me in the ballpark, but that didn't happen.... *laugh*

5. fwd0120

fwd0120 Bipedal Hominid

Addictive drums demo is good. Cheap versions of EZ and BFD. General MIDI soundfonts can be a good way to go as well.

6. niffnoff

niffnoff Just another SunBro

Depends on how patient one is I guess, I used to use EZ drummer for so long, but Superior drummer (which I use now) is just the warhorse for most people now.

But for people who want half decent sounds EZ Drummer with the newer expansions (Metal Machine) are almost just as good.

7. fwd0120

fwd0120 Bipedal Hominid

I'll be honest, most folks here learn towards the toontrack stuff, which is cool - but for the same price as EZ, you can get BFD Eco by FXpansion. That program is some very flexible stuff! You can get any sounds out that that thing, almost as tweakable as SD2.0

Here is one tune I did with them:

SoundClick artist: Frank William Dremel - page with MP3 music downloads

(^We can't embed those!?!)