Good choice for Romney?

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by TRENCHLORD, Aug 11, 2012.

1. Necris

Necris Bonitis.

My top 3 in order are Rocky Anderson, Jill Stein and Ralph Nader.

2. YngwieJ

YngwieJ SS.org Regular

Yea I get the same, but if I were to actually rank them in my preference I would probably but those three in reverse order. Nader has such a huge legacy of great work that he'll always be at the top of my list regardless of what any quiz says.

3. flint757

flint757 SS.org Regular

Did y'all click the hyperlinks, the answers had heavy weight in a way that didn't entirely make sense. Like the difference between support and strongly support was a vast difference in most cases.

Doing it in a way that made since to me I got the 4 I mentioned previously, but doing it in line with their description I got the same as necris as well. I don't like that they ignore the no opinion ones though.

4. Semichastny

Semichastny SS.org Regular

+1

5. YngwieJ

YngwieJ SS.org Regular

Yea you're probably right there.

Well the problem with any quiz is that issues are never so black and white as to just have a few obvious answers for how to handle something. Everything is much more complex than to be summed up in a vague multiple-choice quiz. With each of these, you really have to read into what each answer means, and even then, nothing can be summed up into something as simple as "strongly oppose" and "oppose."

I think any political quiz is really only good to give a general indication of your views compared to each of the candidates. From there it is up to the individual to do more research on each candidate's position and determine for yourself who holds the closest position to you.

6. Treeunit212

Treeunit212 Not your bro, bro.

1. Rocky Anderson

2. Jill Stein

3. Hilary Clinton

4. Ralph Nader

5. Barack Obama

:scratch:

A much simpler quiz, for sure. My last result was Rick Santorum, thank Jesus... :lol:

[​IMG]

7. flint757

flint757 SS.org Regular

8. YngwieJ

YngwieJ SS.org Regular

It is a pretty good article, but the idiots in the comments ruin it. Everyone continues to bitch about 50% not paying income tax, but apparently they missed the part where income tax makes up only about a quarter of the total federal and state taxes. When looked at as a whole, US taxes are very regressive and hurt the poor more than anyone else.

One thing I find funny is that the super rich who invest all their money into capital gains are included in the 47% who don't pay federal income tax.

For a party that demands lower taxes so much, they sure as hell don't like it when the poor don't get taxed.

9. flint757

flint757 SS.org Regular

:lol: indeed

The comment section of any political article is rather obnoxious honestly. It really comes down to the argument of who pays the most percent wise versus actual cash.

Many people don't take into account total income after taxes either or the fact that an additional dollar loses its value when you already have several piles of money. Also, that giving money to someone with already more than enough disposable income is not going to stimulate the economy as they would spend it either way. That is in fact the luxury of being wealthy. My biggest issue is that the Republican method is to rely on 'good faith' that the wealthy will get us out of this slump. Forgive me if I trust them about as far as I could throw them.

10. Loomer

Loomer Comfortably Dumb

Well, the wealthy did create this whole mess to begin with, and have so far emerged largely unscathed. Why should they care about anyone else?

11. flint757

flint757 SS.org Regular

Well if the Repub's get into office they will be rewarded for their poor judgment and short term ambitions.

12. Semichastny

Semichastny SS.org Regular

Most likely is that they will instigate problems abroad, convince the public of some looming threat, and otherwise obfuscate their domestic failures.

13. YngwieJ

YngwieJ SS.org Regular

That seems to be the usual plan. Spend a ton of money, then claim that we need to cut social services, cut welfare, cut any spending for the poor, and increase military spending to defend against the threat of muslim, kenyan, communists who are trying to become president.