Good choice for Romney?

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by TRENCHLORD, Aug 11, 2012.

1. SuperMutant

SuperMutant Banned

Well my dad does do metal fabricating as well, and one of his best friends took over the whole thing a while ago and i'm sure if he still profits from it anymore. He also makes/sells/transports parts to barbados. About my sister, like I said she gets all the shit my parents can afford and I simply don't... I mean thats not really a big deal for me its just the fact my dad is complaining about everything. And yea its a diesel shop, he pretty much does everything. He did say a while ago that because of how high tech the cars are today (there pretty much computers with wheels) he needs more equipment and jobs aren't as easy as they were way back. My mom is actually an insurance agent and pays for all the bills for the house, her car, etc while my dad pays for whatever car hes driving (he pretty much rents trucks from friends and hasn't actually OWNED a car for like 2 years) and pays for my sisters cars lease with help from his dad.

2. flint757

flint757 SS.org Regular

Yeah my Dad had to by a Snap on tester (plug it in to the truck and it pretty much tells you what is wrong or at least where the problem starts), but it cost like 10K. It definitely isn't a cheap business and it is very hard to do completely on one's own. Odd that your sister gets such preferential treatment in rough times.

Like I said no idea about the tax situation, but if his company isn't doing well in general (employee's and overall profit) then no matter how high/low the taxes are I don't think it would make a huge difference. You're only 16 so my suggestion is to leave it up to your pop's to make this decision as he will definitely understand his circumstance better than you or I could. It does sound like he complains a lot, but not about anything in particular (taxes, cost of assets, employee's, etc.) all of which has a lot more to do with whether or not there is just business in your area and if he is getting proper exposure/doing a good enough job to retain customers. By no means do I mean that critically either.

3. Treeunit212

Treeunit212 Not your bro, bro.

That sounds like the same problem the whole country is dealing with right now; selfishness.

Few profit greatly at the expense of the many. :noplease:

4. YngwieJ

YngwieJ SS.org Regular

Here's a site that uses the tax plans of the two candidates and allows you to input some of your information and it shows how much your taxes will change as a result of their plans.
    https://www.politify.com/

In my experience plugging numbers in, it appears that the taxes are about the same unless you have a lot of capital gains or a high income of $150k+, in which case Romney will give you great tax breaks; or if you have dependents or children in college, in which case Obama will give you great tax breaks.

flint757 likes this.
  5. flint757

flint757 SS.org Regular

^^^In which case Obama is far better for my household.

6. SuperMutant

SuperMutant Banned

I'm just hoping nothing bad happens as it seems like we have
    been in the same situation for almost 2 years yet we still can afford to keep going. Thanks for actually trying to help me by the way :D

7. flint757

flint757 SS.org Regular

Well as we get out of the recession businesses across all fields should theoretically get more customers, but running a business is no simple thing. It requires a lot of work and luck. the best thing he can do is try and get more exposure, as business increases he can then hire back some employee's. That seems like the larger problem he is facing honestly. Taxes are a surface problem. When a company isn't doing well typically they complain about taxes as they aren't making as much as they had hoped (and taxes means they are losing even more). I could be off base though so take all of this with a grain of salt.

If his business isn't doing well then no matter who is in office and no matter what happens tax wise it won't get better. Hopefully he can figure out a way to fix some of the problems his business is seeing or as we creep out of the recession things improve. I'm rooting for ya man. :yesway:

8. Treeunit212

Here's an outrageous observation:

Mitt Romney gave 30% of his income to his own Mormon Church, while only paying 13% in federal income tax. That means he willingly gave more than double the amount of money to his church than he paid in federal taxes to the country he wants to be president of.

Shady. :squint:

9. Scar Symmetry

Scar Symmetry Ex Whiny Bitch

Romney is a planetary-sized douche and is guaranteed to lose.

[/thread]

10. Treeunit212

...You don't live here.

You don't witness the cesspit of ignorance and cognitive dissonance that is the average American. :ugh:

11. flint757

flint757 SS.org Regular

This race is much closer than many probably expect. Shady or not it also shows where his real loyalties lye; religion first, country distant second or third (probably further down than that). I like Obama's comment on his taxes. Yes some Dem's exaggerated about his taxes, but him even showing his taxes shows that he pays a third of what the majority of people I know do.

12. Scar Symmetry

Scar Symmetry Ex Whiny Bitch

True, but I do pay more attention to American politics than the average American. I very much doubt Romney has a chance. If he does, we're all fucked, not just you yanks.

13. Treeunit212

[​IMG]

Mitt Romney every time he opens his mouth.

14. flint757

flint757 SS.org Regular

The Political Compass - US Presidential Election 2012

I found this to be very interesting. I mean it doesn't make me want to vote for Romney, but is true that when it comes to military and the financial side of things there isn't exactly an ocean between the 2 parties. (differences, definitely, but how big?)

Socially, there is still a difference (the article kind of trivializes these issues) and that is more than enough reason for me to vote Obama 2012. That and I think Romney has proven himself (with his minimal responsibilities ATM even) he is not a competent individual.

http://www.politicalcompass.org/

This has probably been posted or mentioned before, but hell I'll post it too. It is a cool test, I fall in line with Gandhi and the Dalai Lama.

15. Treeunit212

I both like and dislike that site and/or political compass thing for the same reason, which is that it doesn't seem to take social stances into consideration.

I like that it merely focuses on core domestic and foreign policies, I just think they should have more of a disclaimer as to what it is they're measuring exactly.

:2cents:

16. Treeunit212

I both like and dislike that site and/or political compass thing for the same reason, which is that it doesn't seem to take social stances into consideration.

I like that it merely focuses on core domestic and foreign policies, I just think they should have more of a disclaimer as to what it is they're measuring exactly.

:twocents: HOW THE FUCK DO I MAKE THE TWO CENTS THING WORK AS;LFKJDSA;LFKSDJF;LKDA

17. Jakke

Jakke Pretty wisdomous

^:2c:

Treeunit212 likes this.
  18. Treeunit212

19. YngwieJ

YngwieJ SS.org Regular

VoteMatch Quiz

That's why better quizzes such as this one exist that are based more on the issues rather than senseless crap and it compares your stance to other candidates from several different elections.

My only gripe with the ontheissues quiz is that some of the answer choices aren't quite clear so you do have to click on each one to find out what you're actually answering. But for each issue it gives you some insight into the history of the issue and any legislation and really gives good background information. So you can learn a lot about the issues and find out where others stand on these issues, so overall it's the best political quiz I've found out there.

20. flint757

flint757 SS.org Regular

Apparently (probably could have bothered with reading the info though) Hilary Clinton, Joe Biden and then Obama make my top 3 (and Nader apparently as well).

Mitt is almost all the way at the bottom for me. :lol: