Goals/Progress Thread

Discussion in 'Lifestyle, Health, Fitness & Food' started by SenorDingDong, Apr 16, 2012.

1. Infamous Impact

Infamous Impact SS.org Regular

I finally busted the sub 5 mile! Got a 4:58!

2. TRENCHLORD

TRENCHLORD Banned

Congrats!!! Is there any event you don't do? Decathlete?

3. Infamous Impact

I'm actually working towards that, the best people I see on the track are also phenomenal jumpers, hurdlers, and pole vaulters.

4. TRENCHLORD

TRENCHLORD Banned

Vaulting is for psychos.
    I tried it once and cleared 8ft with only three or four steps, but that was high enough for me. Those guys have some serious courage.

5. Infamous Impact

That's what my coach told me. :lol:
    I love it, next to high jump it's the funnest field event I do. Nothing feels better than going upside down high up in the air. They also get the funnest workouts, tons of gymnastics and Olympic lifting.

6. Guamskyy

Guamskyy Hwat you call me?

About a week ago I came home from a 1 week vacation in San Diego, California, gained about 5 pounds (Cali-Mex, Guamanian BBQ, and straight relaxation will be my demise). So all the beginning of this week I lifted, ran, and swam my ass off WITH a healthy diet, and this morning today weighed 6 pounds less. BOOM.

Basically, getting back into the groove of things, short term goal is to get down to 220, right now at 229. Long term goal is 170 than to start bulking up instead of cutting.

7. Tiger

Tiger SS.org Regular

Pretty consistently been showing 141 on the scale, which is awesome to me. My volume of training has gone up thanks to my downtime right now. I've seen nothing but strength gains on this slow and controlled cut...its been ounces instead of pounds but Im about 3 pounds from where I wanted to be with a super low sustainable body fat.

Right calf is super strained though, and seems to be aggravated by running and weights. Going to give it a lot more cycle time. Grindstone 100 miler is going to be ROUGH at this point, my running volume has been super low compared to what it needs to be.

8. troyguitar

troyguitar SS.org Regular

Had a recent breakthrough via use of a crappy heart rate monitor. It turns out that I was running at max heart rate basically 100% of the time after the first mile - no wonder I always felt like I was going to die :lol:

I've since decided to stop caring about speed and just care about calories burned and have just started running 4 miles in 40 minutes every day (compared to 5k in 25 minutes every other day). It's boring as fucking hell but a lot easier and burns way more calories over the week.

Currently at a low of 145.8 lbs and 34" waist. It appears like a flat stomach for me is going to mean weighing somewhere around 115 lbs which feels fucking nuts but it is what it is. Next step is to keep the run at 40 minutes and start increasing speed because I don't want to spend more than an hour a day on exercise including warmup and cooldown.

One thing I've done to make it slightly less boring is switch from listening to music to watching TV. I watch 1 episode of Star Trek TNG per run now :lol:

I'm looking at getting a real heart rate monitor now with the chest sensor and everything - any suggestions?

9. Tiger

Tiger SS.org Regular

^ Suunto above and beyond everyone else.

10. SenorDingDong

SenorDingDong Smeller of Smells

Been doing gymnastics a lot more lately. Starting on some entry-level parkour.

All the parkour athletes make it look so easy, and it is so not easy at all. My upper body endurance is fine as I train it intensely, but holy shit running around jumping on things and climbing up walls is difficult at first.

11. Fiction

Fiction For Mod

How fun is parkour though, I started it a few months ago and only went a few times as I moved away, I really should start running again though, sigh.. I'm the worst :lol:

12. SenorDingDong

SenorDingDong Smeller of Smells

Loads of fun--I feel like a little kid while I'm training.

There aren't any gymnastics facilities with open gyms this time of season remotely close to me, so I've been just going around finding spots.

13. Tiger

Tiger SS.org Regular

Losing weight steady now, kissing the 130's finally. Almost beneath 140. Eating super awesome lately. Made this after a 19 hour fast.

[​IMG]

I dont get how people eat shitty when its super easy to make stuff thats awesome, I made enough for 3 meals and it took less than 20 minutes. 8 oz salmon, bacon slice, quinoa, vegetables, plain yogurt with honey and raspberries for fiber with dark chocolate, tofu and olives.

14. troyguitar

I spend 5-10 minutes per day preparing, eating, and cleaning up after my meals.

Actually cooking decent and interesting food is something I'd like to do but it is a very daunting task for me as it will cost more money and take a lot more time, especially at first while I am learning wtf I'm doing. Living alone means it will be especially difficult as the only 'teacher' I'll have is random crap on the internet :lol:

15. Winspear

Winspear Tom Winspear

I wouldn't have a clue how to go about making an interesting meal. That looks tasty!
    Troy, I wish I could make food that fast! I hate the half hour it takes to cook rice and chicken and the half hour eating + cleanup. And that's for the most boring meal ever, that I eat every day :lol:

16. Tiger

Tiger SS.org Regular

George foreman grill. Plug it in. Coat your salmon/chicken and vegetables all in a little olive oil. Season it (buy seasoning if you dont want to get creative). Put on said grill, wait 10 minutes, remove and eat. :)

17. troyguitar

I basically don't cook. A yogurt is my most common lunch and a bowl of cereal is my most common dinner. When you're only eating ~1200 calories a day, cooking seems like a giant waste of effort.

18. Tiger

Tiger SS.org Regular

Any reason you are underfeeding?

19. Infamous Impact

Dude, I ate twice that at 125. Eat more.

20. Tiger

Tiger SS.org Regular

Yea...hell Ive been on a cut almost 4 months now and I still do 1800 at least a day.