Goals/Progress Thread

Discussion in 'Lifestyle, Health, Fitness & Food' started by SenorDingDong, Apr 16, 2012.

1. Infamous Impact

Infamous Impact SS.org Regular

Cardio isn't a big factor in the 100. Most sprinters do it in a breathe, Olympic sprinters don't even exhale a full breathe of air before hitting the finish. Good job though! :yesway:

2. UnderTheSign

UnderTheSign SS.org Regular

Up to a solid 89kg this week. Heavy summer bulk coming up.

3. Winspear

Winspear Tom Winspear

Thanks man :) I'm down to 163lb now and think I've reached maintenance cals as I've weighed the same for four days now. Still carrying a lot more fat than I'd like but totally don't fancy losing any more weight or strength. I am living alone for work with a perfectly steady diet and lifestyle for the next few months so I'm going to see what happens if I carry on with this amount of food. Hopefully things get better now :)

4. Murmel

Murmel Fapping to J-rock

Woopwoop, my bench is starting to get better. I was stuck at 50kg for like 4 reps, then I switched to dumbbells for a few months and now I'm back at the bench making some progress.
    Also added in some incline bench in the smith, has been working well.

5. troyguitar

troyguitar SS.org Regular

Finally made the god damn 5k without stopping today, that is the furthest and longest I've run for by a wide margin (previous record being 2.75 miles@22 minutes)...

Week 8: 3.125 miles @ 25:00, 151 lbs, still #*$&^! 35" waist

It's apparently going to take some serious work to get rid of this gut, which is my only real goal with all of this. 8 weeks in and I've gone from 36" to 35" :wallbash:

6. Metal_Webb

Metal_Webb Needs more strings

Had 2 different ladies complement me on how good I'm looking atm.

Defo going to keep on going with this weight loss now :yesway:

Fiction likes this.
  7. Tiger

Tiger SS.org Regular

Today is a victory day: Weight down to 142 for the first time and added 5lbs to my deadlift AND got it in epic slow motion w/dramatic scream. NOT my prettiest form ever but its hard to back down in the middle of a lift.

Of course thats I am Colossus playing, that song was made for PR's.

I love having my own gym at home. I had a killer workout, a super long bike followed by weights and sprints outside my house. All of this is fasted training, I wont change that until I get to BUD/s.

8. avenger

avenger SS.org Regular

Well I will add to this thread. Started the get fit thing about a year and a half ago. Went from 200 to 165 (steady). Got really into lifting weights then had two injuries within 3 weeks of each other (exertion headache and something to do with inflamed fluid sack in my shoulder ><) and that killed my drive the past few (3 months).

Started getting really thin looking from not pumping the muscles and slightly decreased appetite.

Last month quit smoking (yeah!) and started doing lots of push ups sit ups pull ups planches etc. etc. (body weight stuff).

Feel great, looking great again! Also getting into 1 mile "death sprints" XD

9. TRENCHLORD

TRENCHLORD Banned

Great progress, lifting at home is the best (except I would like one of those heavy duty bowflexs for cable work).
    Won't the "buds" screw with your lungs though? That long distance stuff will get harder and harder the more you smoke. :lol::lol::lol:

10. SenorDingDong

SenorDingDong Smeller of Smells

Thanks man!

I actually tried to do it in one breath a couple times. It couldn't do it, I think mostly because I'm so used to doing the 1600 from a couple years back when I did track in high school that I automatically start taking short, deep breaths.

11. Infamous Impact

Don't worry about it, breathing comes naturally from practice. If you think about it, you're screwed.

12. troyguitar

It's kind of BS because I'm slightly dehydrated, but: 149.0 lbs tonight.

13. Murmel

Murmel Fapping to J-rock

Still sore from leg day last friday. Probably one of the most exhausting workouts I've ever done, makes you long for chest day which is the easiest of them all :lol:

14. SenorDingDong

SenorDingDong Smeller of Smells

Probably why I've been fucking it up so much then :lol::lol:

15. Tiger

Tiger SS.org Regular

15 miles, 4140 feet of gain two days after a hard 10 miler and heavy squat day. Good training week.

16. Winspear

Winspear Tom Winspear

Jeez..I would deadlift for days before considering that. Good work!

Funny, just after this my weight slowly started dropping again. I'm at 160 now. I feel good - I don't have to suck in to look flat from the side. I just hope I'm not still losing muscle. Strength is slowly coming back.

At worst my bench dropped from 90kg to 70kg, squats from 100 to 80, leg press from 180 to 140..everything is pretty bad haha. Only my back stayed pretty constant.

I realised even though I have quite low fat now I still don't have abs. I've never really trained them - always heard doing big compound exercises was enough. I have some abs but I'm considering starting doing some crunches and leg raises on my off days. Opinions?

17. Murmel

Murmel Fapping to J-rock

^
    I'd say do some ab work. I try to incorporate some at the end of my back and leg workout. Compound lifts are obviously not enough.

I guess compound lifts wont build respectable abs until you're getting into really heavy territory though. But I don't really know, just throwing a guess.

18. Murmel

Murmel Fapping to J-rock

I think I have good lat genetics. I'm not even lifting heavy yet and I'm already seeing a taper coming along.

19. Infamous Impact

Get working on mastering the hanging leg raise, ab rollouts, and the dragon flag. Those 3 alone will get you bricks for abs by the end of the 6 months it takes to get it all down.

20. troyguitar

Gained a bunch of weight over vacation despite getting piles of exercise and eating less than anyone else at the place, then went into hardcore diet and exercise mode after I got home.

147.2 lbs after running today, fairly dehydrated but I can at least say that I'm safely under 150 for now. Next stop, under 140.