Goals/Progress Thread

Discussion in 'Lifestyle, Health, Fitness & Food' started by SenorDingDong, Apr 16, 2012.

1. Infamous Impact

Infamous Impact SS.org Regular

This is why you fill up on dinner the night before.

2. troyguitar

troyguitar SS.org Regular

Nothing to do with hunger really, I just find it hard to pay for an all-you-can-eat buffet and then only eat <1000 calories. Especially when it's pasta/pizza/bread, I estimated that my single relatively sparse plate was roughly 1200 calories and was fighting the urge to go for seconds despite feeling overly full already. It's a value sort of thing.

This is the reason I almost never eat out unless I'm getting 1 tiny item to go, the portion sizes at every restaurant in the USA are out of fucking control and I feel bad throwing shit away.

3. Tiger

Tiger SS.org Regular

143.3 this morning. Getting there, I have these last 4.3 pounds are going to be brutal. :)

EDIT: Just got back with the wife from a rather long drive up north to buy:

6 x 45's
    2 x 25's
    4 x 10's
    2 x 5's
    2 x 2.5's
    olympic bar
    Everlast punch bag
    2 dumbells with 45 pounds of plates for each
    Floor mats

All for $300 from a really nice guy we met on craigslist who does weights wholesale. He wanted less but we paid him the 300 I had gotten
    out of the ATM for being a cool dude who will let us know when a good rack or a Concept 2 row comes in for a good price.

4. Captain Shoggoth

Captain Shoggoth SIGN YO REP

This may not be a big deal to you, but not all of that will be muscle, just saying. :)

5. troyguitar

So much for the 5k today. I think my diet progress is hindering my running progress. My legs were completely locked up and on fire at 2.5 miles today, I blame the lack of nutrients available due to dieting.

Week 3: 2.5 miles, 20:00, 151 lbs, 35" waist

I also don't believe this body fat % calculator:

Percent Body Fat

According to that, at my current rate of ~7 lbs per inch, I won't make 10% body fat until I'm down to 100 lbs and 28" waist.

6. Tiger

Tiger SS.org Regular

...yeeeea I wouldnt use that one, there are more advanced ones out there with multi measurements.

7. Infamous Impact

It told me I'm at 2% bodyfat :lol:. 145lbs with a 28" waist for me is 8% BF.
    And an update on my goals, I ran a 49.08s straight 400m yesterday, then a 48.8s as the 3rd leg in a 4x4. Just .60s to go! Also hit a 4 plate deadlift for 5 reps yesterday, and my last 5k time was a 19:33. 1 down, 2 to go!

8. TRENCHLORD

TRENCHLORD Banned

^Those are some amazing stats man.
    Being that light and fast with 405 for reps deadlift strength is abnormal as hell (in a good way of course).
    As a former high-school trackster myself, I can really appreciate an under 50 second quarter mile time.

9. AngstRiddenDreams

AngstRiddenDreams Filthy Casual

Jesus Infamous, you are crazy man. :lol:

10. Ibanezsam4

Ibanezsam4 SS.org Regular

that is no big deal to me as i am a small person and would appreciate not feeling like crap if i miss a meal :yesway:

11. Tiger

Tiger SS.org Regular

Down to 142.6 today, but it was before I drank any water this morning.

12. Winspear

Winspear Tom Winspear Vendor

I'm almost down to 166 from 182 in 8 weeks. Still not as ripped as I'd have liked and still looking small as fuck - scales report bodyfat around 11.5% rather than the 10% I had calculated as a 168lb goal. I guess this means I lost too much muscle? Makes sense as I am significantly weaker..Had a measure up too, quite a lot smaller.

Oh well. If my goal is to get real lean and then bulk real slow so I never look chubby again, I guess I should just keep going until my fat is where I want it to be?

[​IMG]

13. Infamous Impact

Hah, thanks guys, I really put work in for the last year to get to it. My hamstrings and quads are the size of tree trunks now from it. I just love pounding the crap out of my legs. Wanting to be fast made me fall in love with lifting, and both work together pretty well.

14. highlordmugfug

highlordmugfug themuthaphukkindeath

I want to be able to benchpress 100, and curl 50 in each arm by my birthday (late August). Right now (as of last week at least) I can bench 70 and curl 30.

I've just gotten back into working out in the last 2 months (had a surgery in 2008 that kept me from working out too strenuously for the next few years) and I've already noticed decent results on my arms and chest.
    I was making good progress, but I've been really sick the last week and haven't been able to do any real exercise.

15. TRENCHLORD

TRENCHLORD Banned

Ahhh, no wonder you haven't been picking on me so much this week. :lol:
    Speedy recovery man. :yesway:

16. highlordmugfug

highlordmugfug themuthaphukkindeath

:rofl:
    Thanks man. I'm feeling a lot better today (I was actually able to stay the full day at work) so I'm hoping tonight or tomorrow will be the last of it.

17. kung_fu

kung_fu Vulcan Lute God

I've spent the last month finding/moving into a new apartment and as a result, neglected much exercise. I weighed in at 137ish lbs the other day and am probably aiming to stay somewhere within the 130-145 lb range but with lower body fat. I go ta lot of lifting in with the move an whatnot, but have mainly been neglecting cardio. I did some light weights today and 20 minutes on the stationary bike and am feeling pretty good. I'll try to think of more specific goals over the next few days and continue posting.

18. Tiger

Tiger SS.org Regular

Stuck in limbo between 142-144 for about a week now, never seen a 141 on the scale during this cut so getting impatient. Ah well.

19. troyguitar

I've been stuck at 151-154 and am in infinitely worse shape than you :fawk:

20. Tiger

Tiger SS.org Regular

Pretty saddening to see that two weeks have passed and Im still popping 143-144 on the scale.

I've had the diet strong, never gone over, kept my running/biking and cardio up. Buuut no losses. Gotten stronger though. >:[