Goals/Progress Thread

Discussion in 'Lifestyle, Health, Fitness & Food' started by SenorDingDong, Apr 16, 2012.

1. Bevo

Bevo SS.org Regular

Last year I was 20th overall in the 25-30K trail racing series, this year I want to crack the top 10 and it starts today with the first race.

25K at a ski hill with plenty of climbing.
    My goal today is to finish as I have been sick all week and have not run.

2. troyguitar

troyguitar SS.org Regular

Re-started the running program today so I'm going to call this the baseline even though I'm already down 17 lbs :lol:

Week 0: 2.0 miles 20 minutes 158 lbs 36" waist

Supposedly that is 24% body fat but I'm assuming that's falsely inflated due to being skinny everywhere except for a big blob of fat on my gut - the primary motivation for doing this, I almost look pregnant :wallbash:

3. Harry

Harry Doom man of Doom. Contributor

That's called skinny fat.
    If anything, most skinny fat-sters underestimate their bodyfat, so if you are around 22-25% bodyfat, it's not at all unreasonable and unrealistic.
    It's entirely possible to have really skinny arms and legs and practically have a bodyfat in the obese range (although the calves may grow a bit due to just adapting to that extra bulk :lol:)

I doubt you're skinny all over. At that kind of bodyfat, even if it's not showing in the limbs, you will definitely be storing a good chunk of fat in the neck and face as is the case for basically every skinny-fat guy ever.
    Once you cut down that bodyfat to something like 9%, if you compared before and after pictures, the face will be noticeably leaner, more attractive looking (well, at least, most women find a leaner, more defined more attractive, probably some chicks out there that like chubby faces though :lol:) and the jawline becomes more prominent, assuming the individual doesn't have a naturally shitty jawline.

4. Bevo

Bevo SS.org Regular

^ Nice post Harry, your right about all of that!

Troy, how tall are you?
    I am 5,8 and around 155 with a 32 inch waist and no real belly fat unless I had a big dinner like the pizza last night LOL.

3 excersizes everyday will really help, pushups, squats and core work. Do them flat out no breaks in 5 min then work up to 10 min with some more variety. It will help you tone up as long as you do them every day..

5. Fiction

Fiction For Mod

I got an app for calories and to mark down exercises.. Man meeting calories is hard, it recommends me 2200 a day, yesterday I did 800 (I worked and hadn't shopped also went for an hour run, which said take off 600 calories) and today I managed to get 2000.

Going to start up squats and pushups again and got back to running and feeling healthier since I posted.. Have no idea what my body fat or weight is (I think I'm around 80kg) I just want to tone up and get rid of the jiggling :lol:

6. Blind Theory

Blind Theory SS.org Regular

I got my gym membership renewed today and started working out with two of my buddies. Holy fuck was it intense. I have NEVER worked my upper body so much. I'm going to be fucking SORE for a while. Tomorrow is legs. I don't know exactly what the regiment is for Monday-Friday, I just know I go and I feel it later.:lol: No real progress yet. I guess I can post my stats so when I do see progress there is a "bench mark" or something.

Height:
    6' 1"-6'2" (ish)

Weight:
    127Lbs (I'm skinny, I know:lol:)

I don't have measurements on biceps, chest, waist, etc. So there...

7. troyguitar

I'm 5'10-11" and 157 as of today which should make me skinnier than you but instead I've a 36" fat gut :lol:

Today makes week 1: upped the pace to 8 min/mile but couldn't get as far as a result... 1.25 miles in 10 minutes, 157 lbs, still 36" waist.

My goal for weeks 2-4 is to keep the 8 min/mile pace and increase distance to 5k, then take weeks 5+ to reduce 5k time to 20 minutes or less. That is currently scheduled to happen by June 30, the end of week 9. Optimistic but achievable as far as I'm concerned. With any luck the weight will be around 140 at that point as well.

8. soliloquy

soliloquy SS.org Regular

dont know how accurate your method of calculating your calorie count for running is...but what speed are you running at, and how long, and are you doing HIIT to burn that many calories while running? unless you're MASSIVE, burning 600 calories in a run is...well, unusually high.

every calorie calculator i find online calculates things a bit differently, but just at random, try this:
    Running Calorie Calculator | Calories Burned

for me, for example, if i run for about 30 minutes using the HIIT method, i'm usually burning about 150-330ish calories, depending on the calculator. and i'm at 5'11, weighing in at 171lbs with 19% body fat (people call me skinny as i have a narrow bone structure, but my body fat percentage says otherwise)

9. Fiction

Fiction For Mod

I ran for an hour, and input an hour into some fitness calculator on my iphone, and just estimated roughly 5 miles an hour (Which was the slowest speed it offered), which is probably faster than I was going all up once i add walking periods.

... and It spat out that number.

Either way, I've stopped calorie counting, I don't think I really need to count calories, instead of worrying about all that I've just simply cut out fatty foods, I'm eating healthy and running every second day (Eventually try every day). I'd prefer to just do it naturally then worry about measuring how much of what I eat and scanning bar codes of food etc.

10. Captain Shoggoth

Captain Shoggoth SIGN YO REP

Holy shit, I'm like 5 inches shorter than you and 20lbs heavier :lol:

You've got some gains to make, but progress should be pretty damn fast in that case!

11. troyguitar

Week 2: 2.0 miles, 16:00, 154 lbs, 35.5" waist

Then I ate a whole fucking pizza because I felt like it. I wasn't even hungry, just felt like doing it :lol:

12. Murmel

Murmel Fapping to J-rock

Deadlifted 90kg today for reps. Will have to set a new a goal because I'll most likely hit 100kg long before summer is over.

13. SenorDingDong

SenorDingDong Smeller of Smells

I've been working too much to get any workouts in for the past week (have to write a book in five days), so I'm at a standstill right now.

14. Infamous Impact

Infamous Impact SS.org Regular

Try using your glutes more with a deeper start. I randomly added 70lbs (155lbs->225lbs, 102.5kg) to my deadlift a while ago with a simple change in how I started it.

15. Tiger

Tiger SS.org Regular

Lost about 2 pounds this week, at 144 right now. Mainly water connected with my carbohydrate intake Im assuming. Basically eating fatty meat with a ton of vegetables twice a day and a lot of fruit, Ive yet to feel deprived even though Im on a deficit.

16. Murmel

Murmel Fapping to J-rock

And a deeper start would mean ass closer to the ground?

17. Winspear

Winspear Tom Winspear Vendor

^ Yeah, you'll feel your glutes 'activate' if you sit down a bit more just before the pull.

18. Captain Shoggoth

Captain Shoggoth SIGN YO REP

The latter weight there's about where I'm at now, cheers for posting, I'll try this out!

19. troyguitar

I tried to push on to the full 5k today in honor of the immortal Ronnie James Dio but wimped out at 2.5 miles :lol:

I blame only sleeping 4 hours last night then eating a shitty lunch (damn going out with co-workers to an Italian buffet).

Still, I will do the full 5k this Saturday @ 25:00.

20. Ibanezsam4

Ibanezsam4 SS.org Regular

My goal is to be 180 pounds by the end summer. 166 now........ hoorah