Goals/Progress Thread

Discussion in 'Lifestyle, Health, Fitness & Food' started by SenorDingDong, Apr 16, 2012.

1. MikeH

MikeH Bring the gain

Or BEEG MAAAHSELLS!

2. MemphisHawk

MemphisHawk Japan's One And Only

Ran 100 miles last month.

[​IMG]

All the 1.5~ mile runs were where I was pacing this Air Force guy for his upcoming PT Test.

3. Uncreative123

Uncreative123 SS.org Regular

Just got done with pre judging at the Colorado State Championships. Finals tonight. From right to left- no spray tan... 1st coat, then touch up after this morning.

Prejuding didn't go as well as I anticipated. I'll try to find some stage shots after this weekend and throw them up here.

[​IMG]

4. thatguyupthere

thatguyupthere is rockin out

Become a well taught virtuoso guitarist and make music for every one in the world to listen to.

Make renewable energy more practical to rid fossils fuels and carbon emissions. Whether I have part in this or not, I'd like to see it happen within my life time

5. Ed_Ibanez_Shred

Ed_Ibanez_Shred Baritone sixes

Getting back into fitness now after having neglected it (due to school) for a few years. Started running again (~4miles 4/5 times a week hopefully) and I'm gonna get serious about general core strength, so I've started some simple calisthenics.

My goals are to improve my strength and fitness basically… I used to be pretty good at running but now I struggle to achieve my past running pace… and although I was never really that strong, I would like to increase my strength, and perhaps get back into rock climbing etc.

If I had to set some goals, I'd say I'd like to be able to do one handed pull-ups (only because a rock climbing guy I know can do them, and I can't :lol:), those pull-ups where you keep your body and legs straight and rigid and at 90 degrees to your arms, and other stuff like that.

Hopefully I can look back on this post in a few months and chuckle at myself for being a puny weakling :lol:

6. MikeH

MikeH Bring the gain

From January to today. 180 days. Gained 31 lbs. Got way stronger.

315 squat
    225x2 bench
    370 deadlift

[​IMG]

7. Alcoholocaust

Alcoholocaust SS.org Regular

Fuarking shredded man. Natty?

8. Alcoholocaust

Alcoholocaust SS.org Regular

Great progress man!

9. JeffFromMtl

JeffFromMtl Уродливый, но честны

About 2 weeks into my new training and diet plan, I've put on 4 lbs already.

At 157 lbs now, setting a goal of 170 for the first week of September, although I'll be out of the gym for 10 days when I go on vacation. It miiight still be doable if I just stuff my face with guatemalan food for those 10 days.

10. Konfyouzd

Konfyouzd Dread-I Master Contributor

Stuck hovering at 205... :(

I'm getting slightly stronger, but not really. Keto doesn't really facilitate large strength gains. Started doing carb refeeds every other weekend to see if that helps at all.

11. MikeH

MikeH Bring the gain

Eat! EAT, I SAY!

12. Winspear

Winspear Tom Winspear

First powerlifting comp was a blast, and a fail :lol:
    Weighed in at 72kg, 2kg under my weight class which was nice! Got all 3 of my squat and bench attempts (though shakier than usual) but only up to my existing PBs (160kg + 97.5kg) which I hit a few weeks ago. Would have liked 165 and 100 but knew it wasn't happening an can't expect too much with just 2 weeks of training in between!
    Was well set to win my class with squats way out in front of the rest, but failed all 3 deadlifts. Didn't go heavy enough in warmup to realise I was not fully recovered from pulling my opener 10 days ago (170kg, current pb 180kg). Failed the 170 three times, knew it wasn't happening after the first- that mental block is a bitch!! Got it up to lock out the second time but it was ugly :lol: 2 red lights.
    A bit annoying as if I'd only realised, I could have opened on something like 155kg to at least get through the comp and still would have placed 1st. Was my first and last chance as a Junior too.
    Not too bummed however! Glad I gave the other dudes a chance to compete closely for first place. Was a fun day and great learning experience, first of many :hbang:

13. MikeH

MikeH Bring the gain

I know guys who take their last pulls nearly 3 weeks out from competition. Heavy singles on deadlifts take a massive toll on your body, and 10 days may have not been enough time to fully recover. Nonetheless, congrats on your first competition! I want a little more time to train before I sign up, but I will be competing soon.

14. Winspear

Winspear Tom Winspear

Thanks! Indeed, will take a lot more next time. Damn shame haha

Well, new goals now :) Looking to actually weigh 74kg in the end of November and hit a 180/110/200 :O

15. Ed_Ibanez_Shred

Ed_Ibanez_Shred Baritone sixes

Just ran 4 miles in around 34 minutes… better than before; I'm definitely progressing, but I still stopped around 4 times and walked for ~30 seconds. All this is cross country with cow dodging included :lol:

I'm aiming to get under 30 minutes soon so I can beat my brother's 7 minute miles.

16. steinmetzify

steinmetzify CHUG & SLUDGE

Back at it. Been eating healthier and running for a few weeks. Started P90X3 this morning. I think my abs are broken and if my TV wasn't too expensive to replace I would have put a fist through it. Circle pull-ups are a killer.

Goals are weight loss (I'm 5'9" and 198) and mass. Lot of chicken and brown rice in my future. I'll be checking in on this thread to monitor my progress if possible. Good luck to everyone and wish me luck. I've been a fat guy for far too long this time.

17. Konfyouzd

Konfyouzd Dread-I Master Contributor

Chest day... :flex:

18. MikeH

MikeH Bring the gain

FTFY. ;)

19. Fiction

Fiction For Mod

I've been sick for the past week and a half and I'm down 10lbs, yeesh, talk about back tracking. Although, it atleast has shown me somewhat that the past 4 months have been rather successful, I've got top abs! and pecs are a little defined as well as my arms. I've just purchased another 5lbs of protein, and I'm going to really knuckle down and focus on putting this weight back on quick and hard, especially seeing as I've now got what exercises work for me, the weights, rep count and everything sorted to give me the kind of pump and post-gym soreness I'm after.

20. MikeH

MikeH Bring the gain

Get back at it and you should put the weight back on rather quickly. Just a small setback. Nothing major. :yesway: