GGD Question

Discussion in 'Recording Studio' started by fob, Sep 1, 2017.

1. fob

fob SS.org Regular

Hey y'all.

Recently just picked up a pair of Yamaha HS8s and a sub on the way. Pretty psyched.

(PSA: GC is selling the Yamaha HS5/7/8 for BOGO half off for labor day!)

I want to download some templates or other Kontakt mixes for GGD. I don't have a facebook so I'm not sure if there is resources on there because I can't see them, and I have checked the website but haven't found a link or templates.

2. schwiz

schwiz Lefty

You'll be happy you got the sub!! Welcome to being able to actually hear low end. :)

Misha created videos for routing GGD in Kontakt for multiple DAW's. Search YouTube for those. Lucas LeCompte created a GGD mixing tutorial. You should search for that on here or YouTube. He does a good job of explaining things step by step. I doubt anyone is just going to hand over their mixing template to you, so it will be up to you to learn all you can on the interwebz!

3. fob

fob SS.org Regular

Hey thanks!

I did watch those videos and I have been learning and copying their techniques. I just thought for some reason people shared mixes within Kontakt, kind of like sharing tones. I also thought I heard something about that in a video by GGD.

4. fob

fob SS.org Regular

Another GGD question so I'm bumping.

I have my GGD routed through logic and watched the GGD video instructions all the way through and it's been fine. A problem I have been having though is that when I mute the master track in logic for the drums, the aux tracks don't mute, which leads me to have to mute each aux track individually each time I wanna mute the drums.

How do I get Logic to mute Kontakt and it's aux?