Getting massive with limited equipment

Discussion in 'Lifestyle, Health, Fitness & Food' started by naw38, Mar 7, 2015.

1. TRENCHLORD

TRENCHLORD Banned

2. Preciousyetvicious

Preciousyetvicious SS.org Regular

Whoops wrong forum

3. naw38

naw38 SS.org Regular

Haha, I'm in no danger of that. I've always had pretty decent legs and relatively scrawny arm muscles.

Sorry for all the moronic, beginner questions... but here's another one! How bad is it to not have rest days? Should I have a rest every other day? Should I still eat heaps those days? I feel like I automatically lose mass and gain fat if I have a day off.

4. TRENCHLORD

TRENCHLORD Banned

You could train almost everyday if you split things up properly, and you can always have days where you hit some cardio and abs, or even do some light-weight very-high rep stuff for the pump and burn factor.
    You'll probably need some off days from intense strength stuff, but that really depends how heavy you lift, how far you take you're sets and if you're using extra-intensity techniques such as forced reps, drop-sets, super-sets, rest pause, ect...

5. MemphisHawk

MemphisHawk Japan's One And Only

I have done around 2,500 pushups over the last 19 days and my arms went from 38cm to 39cm in that same period. I am actually quite astonished. I only wrote down my arm size at the start as a joke, but it's real as can be. That's 0.4 inches in American. Guess I should start curling my laundry or something so my biceps can catch up.

6. naw38

naw38 SS.org Regular

Yeah mate! That's what I want to hear. So that's like, 131 reps a day, how many sets? Sets of 10? I hope so. 13 sets of 10 a day at bicep curls, push ups, pull ups squats, and as many farmers walks as I can, plus a whole bunch of protein, and then BOOM! Big arms.

Does that sound good...?

7. MemphisHawk

I wrote it all down on a calendar at home. I'll type it all out when I get back.

8. MemphisHawk

Feb 25 - 25 30 20 (75) / Pullups 15 ( not all at once )
    Feb 26 - 35 35 30 25 20 15 (160)
    Feb 27 - 45 30 (75)
    Feb 28 - 25 30 35 20 40 40 (190) = 500 1st week

I stopped keeping count of individual sets after that, sorry.
    March 1 - 215
    March 2 - 220
    March 4 - 250
    March 6 - 200
    March 7 - 115 Week 2 = 1000 Pushups

March 8 - 310
    March 10 - 320
    March 12 - 330, still have saturday to go, aiming for 1250 this week.

I have realllllly not wanted to do many many sets of these in my head, but I have dragged myself to keep upping the number and I am seeing results. I know I will plateau soon, but to give you an idea of what three weeks has done... I struggled to finish 40 pushups in a row (with no pause) when I started. Today, I did 70 without pause for my first set. I remember that because it was all been so surprising to me.

Now if I could figure out something this easy for a diet!

(PS)- I also have been doing pull-ups when I see something I can grab onto and I do sit-ups on my days in between pushups.

9. naw38

naw38 SS.org Regular

Okay, so the main two things I've taken from this is a) eat more and b) do more sets, less different types.

Well, it's not been long, but so far I've noticed a definite growth in my arms, and I've less fat on my torso - I haven't managed to up my maximum rep count, but I have got to the point where instead of doing say, 17 then 10 then 8 then 3 reps in a set of bicep curls, I can comfortably do about 14 for as many sets as I like, which I'm pretty happy about.

Cheers folks, y'all have been great!

10. TRENCHLORD

TRENCHLORD Banned

After maybe a few more sessions take about 2 or three days off strength stuff then you'll likely blow away your old rep records :yesway:.

11. naw38

naw38 SS.org Regular

Yeah, I've been think that. It's just a matter of having days organised so I have a chance to do a decent amount of cardio so I don't end up feeling like a lazy slob.