Getgood Drums, love it! First mix test!

Discussion in 'Recording Studio' started by Stijnson, Aug 6, 2017.

1. Stijnson

Stijnson SS.org Regular

https://soundcloud.com/stijn_bos/getgood-drums-mix-test

Just got GGD the other day, and really enjoying it so far. My first drum mix with GGD seemed to be better than my last with SD 2.0. Always nice! The rooms especially sound much better imo, and it seems to generally need less processing to sound just as good, if not, better.

It even inspired me to create a whole song, from start to finish. Which is very unlike me, considering I generally just come up with 1:30 minutes of something and never go back to finish it. Love it when products inspire creativity!

Anyone else made the switch?

justinjcm900 likes this.
  2. schwiz

schwiz Lefty

Hell yeah man, that was legit. The GGD kicks are amongst my favorite samples I have in my library right now! I love that the player can be used with the free version of Kontakt. Nice mix!

3. justinjcm900

justinjcm900 SS.org Regular

Nice job man! I'm still on on SD2.0 and it works for me but I must admit, the samples from GGD sound pretty damn impressive, especially the snares!

4. Stijnson

Stijnson SS.org Regular

Thanks guys! Yeah both the kick and the snare sound really awesome and are very mix-friendly so to speak. SD2.0 is still awesome, but I guess it is starting to depend even more on the expansions you own these days. Never tried the progressive one for example, but I've heard good things! GGD is also cheaper than that expansion I believe.

5. AngstRiddenDreams

AngstRiddenDreams Filthy Casual

What are you using for your guitar tones? The intro sounds awesome!
    It sounds great really. But if I were to nitpicking I'd say the kick in the beginning portion stands out too much. I'd trade some presence for punch if you can.
    Followed ya ;)

6. Stijnson

Stijnson SS.org Regular

Thanks for the follow dude! I used a Kemper for the guitar and bass tones, the reverb and delay in the intro is also from the Kemper. Totally right about that kick btw! Knocked down the velocity on those!