Game of Thrones

Discussion in 'Movies, Books, TV & Media' started by flexkill, Mar 31, 2013.

1. TheDivineWing22

TheDivineWing22 You've got the touch

^^This. I can't stop worrying that the series won't be finished before he dies.

2. metal_sam14

metal_sam14 Tard

3. wankerness

wankerness SS.org Regular

Weird, I saw that exact same list of images on another site (minus the crappy captions), only it had this gem at the end:

[​IMG]

4. Watty

Watty Naturally Cynical

Alright, the actor who plays Margery.....way better looking in "real life."

Oh god, do NOT EVEN jinx it. Robert Jordan's death led to the worst ending to the series I could have imagined, and the complexity of WoT pales in comparison to this.

5. Xaios

Xaios Foolish Mortal Contributor

My understanding is that, if George Martin packs it in before he finishes the series, he's actually declared that no one will finish it in his stead, at least in book form. He gave the coles notes of how the next two novels will flesh out to the people at HBO, so that the show will live on even if the books don't.

6. theo

theo Got Hype(machine)?

s03e02 for me tonight, Been too busy up until now. Can't wait. I started off on the books and was so happy when the show started. Gotta re-read books one and two so I can start the 3rd.

7. petereanima

petereanima Br00tal Bubbly Mofo

I started reading it after A Feast For Crows came out, so I "only" waited 4 years on A Dance With Dragons....but goddman, that felt like eternity.

8. flint757

flint757 SS.org Regular

Maybe I should just wait 20 years or so until he finishes all the books to bother. :lol:

9. TheDivineWing22

TheDivineWing22 You've got the touch

Doesn't he say at the end of the book that a Dance with Dragons would be out within a year? :lol:

I'm just glad I started reading them right after A Dance came out.

10. petereanima

petereanima Br00tal Bubbly Mofo

Yes. :mad:

11. gunshow86de

gunshow86de Beef Jerky Time Contributor

12. wankerness

I can't believe he's 60, he looks about 80. I doubt he'll live long enough to finish them.

13. Sofos

Sofos СофоƆ Contributor

He damn well better, or at least write down what happens in a sealed envelope only to be opened after his death. Or if we are left on a cliff hanger, we call all argue forever about who should be crowned.

Daenerys Targaryen has my vote.

also, i never read the books, so the ending of the episode was a huge HOLY FUCKING SHIT ON MY BALLS WHILE TEABAGGING A HOOKER ON SUNDAY

14. Watty

Watty Naturally Cynical

F&%^ whoever replaced the audio during the last 30 seconds of this nights' episode.

15. wankerness

????

Did you download a corrupted torrent or was something wrong with the broadcast in your area? There was nothing weird about it on my end. The end credits music choice was jarring, to say the least, but up until then holy shit.

This show is the most maddening I've ever seen in terms of just wanting MORE. I could easily watch an 8 hour long episode every week. There are so many plotlines going right now that I'm just dying to know what happens next and you only get about 5 minutes with each plotline on average a week cause there are so many characters doing so many different things. I love how they are introducing new characters like crazy, too. The acting and scripting and everything is so fucking good on this show, they introduced that shitty brother of Catelyn and his uncle so perfectly, that whole scene with lighting the funeral pyre implied so much about their characters with no dialogue whatsoever. Amazing stuff.

Daenerys' plotline looks like it's going to be an apocalypse of awesome in the very near future, seems like she's setting up some kind of major powerplay. I can't fucking wait for that ridiculous asshole she's been dealing with to get owned (well, I just assume he will), I was overjoyed when Daenerys took his translator. It's incredible how about 15 minutes total screentime for her this season so far has completely reversed my opinion on her character, I thought she was easily the least interesting character last season.

Jamie and Brienne are so great as a pair. I didn't really like the Brienne character until they paired her with him, their interplay is so great and the situation they're in currently is probably the one I'm the most involved in.

I assume the squire kid's whore excursion will turn out to be relevant later somehow, but as what seemed like filler it was certainly fine, Bronn and Tyrrion are a joy to watch as always.

Arya and Hot Pie's scene was very good and surprisingly rather touching. That Hot Pie has really grown on me.

I think this may be the only episode I can remember with no Joffrey. It's sort of a relief. The actor is just so goddam good at being an unbearable little asshole that I can feel my blood begin to boil every time he's on the screen. That scene last week with him and Margery was so cringeworthy, though I'm really starting to love her character. He's so unpredictable and vile that I get scared whenever he's on screen with any character I like.

The Jon Snow thing seems like it might take a while to get good, but I'm not uninterested by it. Seems like our old pal Sam might take some action in the next episode (well, assuming we come back to him anyway), too.

I'm so consistently blown away by the events and surprises on the show that I'm no longer sure if I WANT to read the books, having all this stuff new is so great. I'll probably cave if I ever actually finish the second book, though.

EDIT: OH YEAH, Stannis's scene. Yet another plotline that is giving clear signs that it will turn out to be incredibly fucking awesome sooner or later, but it's looking like that's going to take a couple weeks to do much of anything, at least. Melisandre is such a mystery to me so far.

16. wankerness

I think someone else might have mentioned this in the thread already, but he has already told the people in charge of the show what's going to happen in the last two books in case he croaks. I sorta doubt the show can sustain itself for that long just cause the cast is so huge and they're going to start getting OLD and older characters might start dying off before they're going to make it through all the books, especially if they have to split more books into multiple years of the show again.

17. flint757

flint757 SS.org Regular

Don't know about that. I haven't read the books, but I'm told things start dragging out in the books past book 3 so I doubt they are going to split every book. Even if they did that would only be 10 years. That's the length of the Harry Potter movie series with only a couple character deviations occurring.

18. Watty

Watty Naturally Cynical

I guess so, the audio from the credits (?) started in about 8 seconds before the "event" at the end of the episode. Suppose there wasn't too much to be said that I couldn't imagine from the books though...

Was it ever stated specifically that they were the Brave Companions? I didn't think Hoat's name was thrown around at all...

Edit: It would have been from the East Coast, so whatever's up with that. I have HBO, but don't want to wait until 9pm...:lol:

19. Sofos

Sofos СофоƆ Contributor

wankerness, for the love of god, SPOILER TAGS. i mean, ive seen the episode, but there are so many spoilers in that post, it's ridiculous

20. wankerness

I purposely left out any details that could "ruin" anything other than "Danaerys took the translator", which didn't seem like much of a spoiler at all, but now that I think about it, who comes into a thread about a TV show AFTER an episode airs without expecting to see talk about what happened on it? :O I know I avoid threads like this like the plague until I'm caught up, just like I avoid the book thread here! :D