G-Major Question

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment' started by Sepultorture, Feb 18, 2008.

1. Sepultorture

Sepultorture Murder Machine

so i got my G-Major used and i haven't even taken the thing home yet.
    when i got it, it was missing a parameter knob.

i've been reading alot of reviews about the G-Major, and the one that came up alot was the Knbos falling off, now that didn't really bother me much i'll just order a new one and put it on.

what i read there after was that it has freezing problems and lost patches and parameter data and the like.

anyone with a G-Major encounter this at all.? am i just being paranoid.?

i don't wanna own something that i thought was gunna rock and have it end up sucking.

2. JJ Rodriguez

JJ Rodriguez Contributor

Apparently that is fixed with a firmware update. Do you have a MIDI cable? Google up the new firmware, plug that shit in and give 'er.

3. 7 Dying Trees

7 Dying Trees Forum MVP

7th Ethereal Plane of interstellar hell, Innit Bru
    First off, the g-major hanging is not a firmware issue, sometimes it's simply the chips coming loose, and is easy to fix:

http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/gear-equipment/44236-your-g-major-hanging-here-s-how-fix.html

And I have done it to mine and it's not hard at all!

Secondly, the knobs going missing, well, take a picture of it, post up what isn't there here, and as long as all the pot shafts are intact then it's easy, you just contact tc electronics and they'll send you replacements. If you don't wan to wait, I actually have spares as I overordered a load so I can send you some.