FS: Ibanez Universe PWH 1991 Original Model

Discussion in 'Guitars For Sale / Trade / Wanted' started by GMCUV7, Jan 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GMCUV7

GMCUV7 Shoganai

Brief & Accurate Description of gear/guitar:

For Sale: Ibanez Universe UV7 PWH, serial is a 1991. If you're familiar with the UV7 PWH 1990s models, you know what this is and how rare they are (in this condition). There's probably been a handful for sale over the past 5 years, I don't see these original Japan-made models very often, not at all.

I have owned a 1x UV777PBK, 5x UV7BKs, 3x UV7 PWHs, 1x UV7 Silver Dot and 1x UV777 GR. Something about these PWHs, the notes notes ring cleaner than a UV7 BK, I like the neck more than my STEF-7 and more comfy than my UV777. It's the best in my opinion.

This is the legit original, Old Style Square Neck Joint with Lo Pro Edge - it isn't the recently released Indonesia Premium model.

For a 1991 model, This UV7PWH is in spectacular condition - the neck and body are in fantastic condition, sitting in storage most of those decades and the photos prove it! One sure way to tell the condition of 1990s Universes or Jems is the Neck Plate, Tuners and Low Pro -- no or little oxidation shows it's been untouched without much wear. The photos depict beautiful Pyramid Inlays and very clean neck. The very clean and does not have pitting or discoloration. The Trem is in very clean condition with no wear/minor pimpling. As you can see in the photos, the neck is in MINT condition too. There's no fret wear and the inlays look gorgeous. Tiny ding on the headstock either - check the photos. I have taken many detailed pics where the neck meets the body, back, sides, neck...this guitar plays VERY clean and has great action.
    The white color has some yellowing from natural aging as did the one I sold back in 2009. There is a new Dimarzio EVO7 in the bridge + it comes with the original too (as pictured in the Dimarzio box). Adjustable Tremo blocker w/ magnet installed.

Pictures: https://photos.shutterfly.com/full/13645908877
    Modifications (if any): None

Accessories (hardshell case etc):
    New Dimarzio EVO 7 in the bridge + it comes with the original too (as pictured in the Dimarzio box).
    Adjustable Trem blocker w/ magnet
    Ibanez Hardshell Case - middle combo latch does not engage
    Original Tremolo Bar

Location (City,State or City,Country): Military Overseas

Contact only if you are seriously interested and ready to buy

References Required:
    GMCUV7 on Jemsite (+16) & Sevenstring.org (+13)

Price (include currency and if firm/obo): PRICE: $2600
    SHIPPING: $75 includes Full Insurance via USPS Priority Mail anywhere in the USA

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 3, 2018
  2. MMFB

MMFB SS.org Regular

Wow! Someone is going to get an amazing guitar!

3. Ethn Hayabusa

Ethn Hayabusa SS.org Regular

Great seller!

4. GMCUV7

GMCUV7 Shoganai

Mods, please lock this up. Going to Ebay for a quick sale.
    Listed at $2400 w/ Free US Shipping if anyone wants to follow-up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.