FS: Ibanez RG7621

Discussion in 'eBay Deals' started by Sentient, Dec 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sentient

Sentient Metal Dog Contributor

While I've been having a blast with this guitar over the past month since I've owned it, an opportunity has just presented itself for me to finally obtain a Schecter that I was longing for in the first place. And since money is hideously tight at the moment, this one must go for the other one to arrive... Thus, up for sale this baby goes...

As some of you might remember, I bought this off of Ebay just over a month ago. Not sure if this is taboo to do so or not (just tell me if it is), but here's a copy & paste of the original item description as I saw it:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    IBANEZ RG7621-7 STRING Guitar w/standard bridge

An excellent Black Ibanez 7 string guitar with a fixed hard tail bridge!!! It has a beautiful 24 fret rosewood fretboard, black hardware and it has 2 Dimarzio humbucker pickups that sound great! The strings are strung through the back on this one for better sustain and sound.

The condition is good (a 7 out of 10) with normal signs of use and shows only slight fret wear, the guitar has no playing problems but it has normal light scratches and several (About 15) small paint dings around the edges of the body.

Serial#F99 235**, made in Japan in 1999, the new list price is $1000, includes the gig bag case.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    If I could add or change anything to the guy's description above, I would say that I didn't notice any fret wear myself, however I did count more than 15 dings. But I've just recently done a slight bit of "touch-up" work to the dings I saw, and while they're still visible under close inspection, they're not nearly as noticeable now as they were when the photos below were taken. (I don't have any "post-touch-up" pics, but I could try to snap some with my pen-cam if you're interested.) On one other note, the pickups do indeed sound great, and the sustain this thing has is really great, too.

I won the auction with a bid of $369, and would ideally just like to have back what I gave for it. I've put a new set of strings on it, plus, touched up the dings, as mentioned above. I think I could at least get $369 by putting it back on Ebay, but I also know that'll cost me almost $20 in fees. So before I go that route, I thought I'd offer it here first for $350 even.

If you're interested, just let me know, and we'll talk shipping cost based on where I'll be shipping to. I don't wanna just give a flat fee for shipping just yet, as I did that not too long ago when I sold one of my BC Rich six strings, and I got burned pretty bad on a shipping deal.

If you're interested, you can reply to this thread, or send me a pm, or e-mail me at livin2race@att.net

2. Sentient

At the risk of not giving the above post enough time, I just went ahead and put this axe on Ebay. I just fear it might sit here for many days before getting a response, and I'd just like to move it a bit quicker than that, if possible.

So now it's here.

3. Sentient

Ok, since the auction ran for a week and ended with no bids, I guess that means that I'm asking too much, which in turn, would indicate that I paid too much... (disgusted sigh)

Anybody want it for $325?

Crap... I hate the thoughts of re-listing this guitar and paying more freakin' fees... :noplease:

4. nyck

nyck blah!

Isn't it free to relist it after an auction with no bids?

5. eaeolian

eaeolian Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore! Super Moderator

This close to X-mas is a terrible time for evilBay. Wait a couple of weeks, and I bet it'll sell at that price. If it was an XL I'd buy it...

6. Metal Ken

Metal Ken Hates the Air Contributor

Shit, i bought and sold my old RG7620 for the same price - 375$. So you shouldnt have a problem getting that. Like Eaeolian said, wait for after the holidays.

7. eleven59

eleven59 None shall pass. Contributor

Damn, if I had the cash...

8. DSS3

DSS3 Banned

Wrong thread

9. Sentient

Thanks for all the comments & advice, guys. This has now been sold to someone that inquired about it yesterday.

10. Chris

Chris metalguitarist.org Forum MVP

Congrats. Now, JOIN MY SCHECTER ARMADA, MY MINION. :evil:

11. The Dark Wolf

The Dark Wolf Contributor

:lol: Dude, you're fuckin' nuts, you know that?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.